Trump didn't pay income tax for 10 of 15 years before 2016 election: NYT

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Trump didn't pay income tax for 10 of 15 years before 2016 election: NYT

Post by FlyingPenguin »

He is a clown, but Joe should not have let that slip.

BTW, nice move from Biden's marketing team. If I have to listen to another four years of Trump press conferences, I want one. Photo needs to be changed to an open mouth IMO, but it's not like they had much time to Photoshop that together :D

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

That was a debate? Ive seen high school debates that were more coherent. To even call this a debate is a joke.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I was seriously expecting it to devolve into a "Stop touching me". "I'm not touching you." argument.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

That was a shit show.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

One thing that stood out, and even Brian Kilmeade from Fox and Friends pointed it out: Trump just couldn't bring himself to condemn white supremacists:
Donald Trump ruined the biggest layup in the history of debates by not condemning white supremacists,” the co-host said. “I don’t know if he didn’t hear it, but he’s gotta clarify that right away. Why the president didn’t just knock it out of the park, I’m not sure.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5189 ... ory-by-not

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I was watching the ABC feed on Youtube. Afterwards, Stephanopoulos called it the worst debate he'd ever witnessed. I like CNN's take:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cnn-absol ... wsource=cl
“I’m going to say it like it is,” Bash declared. “That was a shitshow. We’re on cable. We can say it. Apologies for being crude. But that is really the phrase I’m getting from people on both sides of the aisle on text and the only phrase I can think of to describe it.”
Today, Trump is rehashing his talking points on Twitter. It's the same tired rhetoric he's been vomiting for months. Trump has never stopped being in Rally Mode ever since he took office. Honestly, all Trump would have to do to be a mediocre President is stick to the script.

After sleeping on it, I was finally able to digest what happened. I think Biden was a hair better in that he controlled himself better. However, I think her should have just stopped talking every time he was interrupted and then asked the moderator for his time back to complete his statement. I'm glad Biden didn't bash Trump's family when Trump attacked his son. He addressed his son's drug problem and looked at the Camera much more than Trump.

The Moderator was awful. While the debate was supposed to be uninterrupted, I think they should've taken a break and went over the rules again. I would've asked each candidate to step away from the podium while the other was speaking. I don't think it's allowed to mute a President's mic but as the director, I would've lowered it for the broadcast.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"That debate was the worst thing I've ever seen & I was in The Star Wars Holiday Special." - Mark Hamill on Twitter

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Lol!

Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

That debate was a dumpster fire....on both sides.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

A lot of pundits on both sides agree that Biden was rather slow and off in the beginning. I saw that as well.

If Trump was any kind of real debater, he would have let Biden talk more and given him an opportunity to stumble. But he just sucked the oxygen out of the room and it gave Biden time to recover and get his footing.

Instead Trump makes the very bad faux pax about the Proud Boys, and pretty much alienated any moderates he was trying to woo. Sure his base loved it, but that's not who he needs to convince. I don't think that went over well with Trump's "Suburban Housewives".

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Chris Wallace Responds! (NSFW!)

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Non potato version.