Why the hell did Trump agree to talk to Woodward?

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Why the hell did Trump agree to talk to Woodward?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I just don't get it. Woodward already did a previous book on him that was unflattering. Did he think this would be any different? He gave a whopping 18 interviews, allowed himself to be recorded so there would be no way anyone could write this off as a fabrication, and then rambled on about all kinds of bat crazy shit that any normal politician - especially one running for re-election - would never talk about.

Another needless self-inflicted wound. It's not going to affect his base, but he risks losing moderate Republicans and Independents.

I don't get it.

Maybe this is the answer, I don't know:

Here's *exactly* why Donald Trump talked to Bob Woodward so much
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics ... index.html
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Why the hell did Trump agree to talk to Woodward?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Lol! Okay, so Tucker Carlson can't attack the book because, Trump actually did say those things, so he found someone else to throw under the bus. Instead of 'why did Trump say those things?' Let's blame someone for arranging the interviews.

Sooooo... under the bus tires goes Lindsey Graham of all people.

Tucker Carlson accuses Lindsey Graham of convincing Trump to talk to Woodward
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5158 ... ed_content

Although Trump told Sean Hannity last night that it was his idea:
After Hannity noted he was unsure what good could come from cooperating with Woodward, Trump explained his rationale for doing hours of interviews.

"He called. I didn’t participate in his last one, and he does hit jobs with everybody," Trump said. "He even did it on Obama. ... So I figured, you know, let’s just give it a little shot. I’ll speak to him. Wasn’t a big deal."

"I don’t know if the book is good or bad. I have no idea," Trump continued. "Probably — almost definitely won’t read it because I don’t have time to read it. But I gave it a little bit of a shot. Sounds like it’s not going to be good."
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... because-he
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

As I've said before, this is what happens when you surround yourself with "Yes" Men. Trumps ego is so inflated that I'm amazed he doesn't float away. I like how when Fox tries to help him, Trump undermines them.

Like you FP, I don't understand why he let himself be recorded. The man is flat out unfit and the Republican party is too up his rear to remove him and have Pence take over. I think Pence would beat Biden.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I agree that Pence could have beaten Biden. I don't think Biden would have even run if Trump was impeached. Pence has been smart to avoid getting too close to some of Trump's crazier statements. He always comes off as presidential, and he's a good looking SOB (which shouldn't matter, but sad to say it does). The guy looks like a Hollywood prototype for any movie that needs an actor to play President.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot I wouldn't have liked about a Pence administration. The man is a homophobe, he's a religious zealot, he wanted to make it easier to suppress police bodycam footage, he recently claimed he was always against the Iraq War despite having voted for it and defending his decision up until he was forced to align with Trump's views. I could go on.

He's a political chameleon, but at least he's a rational, sane human being, who would at least read the damn intelligence briefings and listen to advisors.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Of Course Trump Couldn’t Resist Bob Woodward

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Curiously he's done this before, way before the presidency. He cozies up to people writing a story or a book on him, even when he knows it's not going to be positive.

To the author of 1990s book on Trump:
Why bother cooperating with me in the first place, I asked? Trump explained.

“Number one, it’s going to be an experience for me. Number two, I do enjoy your company. Number three, I want to see if you get it right,” he told me. “It’s almost like a competitive thing with me. I almost wanna see if you can get Trump.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... b-woodward

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Err wrote:The man is flat out unfit and the Republican party is too up his rear to remove him and have Pence take over. I think Pence would beat Biden.
But he's got a good change up against someone who can't complete sentences and sounds like incoherent, senile old man who's having a stroke right before our eyes.

He's getting worse every day.

Both options suck and both VP candidates are extremists for their party. I don't like Pence or Harris at all.
------------------------------------------