The Kids are Alright

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
Err
Life Member

The Kids are Alright

Post by Err »

Media campaign by Tik-Tok users and K-Pop fans was behind lower-than-expected turnout for Saturday.

TL;DR - They registered for tickets and didn't show.

Of course Dear Leader says is was fear of protests. This hasn't been a good week for him. Supreme Court ruled that you can't fire LGBTQ people because they are LBGTQ and denied ending DACA. Another court ruled that Bolton's book wouldn't be pulled.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53129524

They rally wasn't a total loss though. The President can now drink water ONE-HANDED!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: The Kids are Alright

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I don't think we'll ever know for sure how much the Tiktok kids affected it. I suspect there were also a lot of people who asked for tickets and then had second thoughts with all the news of rising cases in Tulsa.

The petri dish is prepped. 1.3% (covid19 fatality rate in US) of 6200 is 80. Hopefully less since it's possible not EVERYONE there would have gotten infected. Lot's of variables. Trump supporters tend to be older, but anyone at high risk may have stayed home. I saw a pretty good mix in the photos.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

FlyingPenguin wrote:I don't think we'll ever know for sure how much the Tiktok kids affected it. I suspect there were also a lot of people who asked for tickets and then had second thoughts with all the news of rising cases in Tulsa.

The petri dish is prepped. 1.3% (covid19 fatality rate in US) of 6200 is 80. Hopefully less since it's possible not EVERYONE there would have gotten infected. Lot's of variables. Trump supporters tend to be older, but anyone at high risk may have stayed home. I saw a pretty good mix in the photos.
From what I recall, there weren't any actual tickets, indoor seating was still on a first come basis. The "tickets" was simply registration, data gathering.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah it was just RSVPs which, in theory, gives them some idea of how many people might be coming. So yeah, easy to game.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Yeah it was just RSVPs which, in theory, gives them some idea of how many people might be coming. So yeah, easy to game.
About the only thing I think could be gamed were perceptions. If 1 million people had shown up, it would have been full and the rest would have been outside, regardless if 1 billion Tik-Tok users and/or K-POP fans RSVP'd. About the only thing that maybe all those registrations did was POSSIBLY people saying, oh that's too many people, I'll just stay home. But we're talking about Trump supporters, which by know has to just be just the fanatics left to continue to support him in light of everything that's happened and I don't see anything really stopping them from still going.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I think there were only so many people who were going to show because of covid19 worries and protest worries. All the Tiktokers accomplished, if anything, was to raise expectations, which maybe forced the campaign to waste money and time setting up the overflow area, and pissed Trump off when he was expecting an overflow crowd.

So if they gave Trump some heartburn last night, and he's now yelling at his staff today and running around firing people, then I say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :)

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:The petri dish is prepped. 1.3% (covid19 fatality rate in US) of 6200 is 80. Hopefully less since it's possible not EVERYONE there would have gotten infected. Lot's of variables. Trump supporters tend to be older, but anyone at high risk may have stayed home. I saw a pretty good mix in the photos.
That's also assuming that not a single one of those 6200 had already been exposed before. It's probably a good bet a portion of them had been exposed already.
------------------------------------------

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

psypher wrote:But we're talking about Trump supporters, which by know has to just be just the fanatics left to continue to support him in light of everything that's happened and I don't see anything really stopping them from still going.
I'd argue that's not true. You've got many on the Right that will vote (not support but vote) for Trump because they disagree with all the craziness on the Left like wanting to defund or in some ares, eliminate the police. Plus the other option is Biden. That alone speaks volumes. He not even functioning on any coherent level. It's a shit-show regardless which side you're on.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

He not even functioning on any coherent level
Sorry, you really can't make that statement without acknowledging that it applies just as easily to Trump. :)

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:
Sorry, you really can't make that statement without acknowledging that it applies just as easily to Trump. :)
nah, you can. There's a difference. Biden is incoherent. We know what Trump is saying. He's out there but at least you know what he said, regardless of whether it's stupid or not. Biden leaves you wondering if he suffered a mini stroke mid-sentence. He's declining where Trump's always been this odd.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Losbot wrote:
FlyingPenguin wrote:
nah, you can. There's a difference. Biden is incoherent. We know what Trump is saying. He's out there but at least you know what he said, regardless of whether it's stupid or not. Biden leaves you wondering if he suffered a mini stroke mid-sentence. He's declining where Trump's always been this odd.
That is such total bullshit. Go ahead, vote for Trump, you'll get what you deserve, the destruction of the Republican party. Don't come crying when the Democrats take the presidency, House and Senate, because that's the direction Trump is pushing it. What he's doing and going to cause will be worse than having Biden for one term. Don't believe it? Look at how pissed off the "other" side was at Obama and Hillary that they voted Trump into office, the least qualified Republican. Hell the least qualified human being. That was the biggest fuck you to Democrats they could possibly say. I've been saying this since early on in his presidency, that if he and the Republicans in the Senate continued this bullshit, they were going to cause a huge break in the Republican party. A 2nd Term with Trump will guarantee a complete Democrat take over, if it's not already to late. Which frankly I'm afraid it might be. There won't be a bigger sign of how much he fucked shit up if Texas goes blue, the mere thought of that should make ANY Trump supporter stop and think for a minute. By all means, if you still want to vote for Trump, go head, your liberal friends will thank you in four years :)
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

psypher wrote:That is such total bullshit. Go ahead, vote for Trump, you'll get what you deserve, the destruction of the Republican party. Don't come crying when the Democrats take the presidency, House and Senate, because that's the direction Trump is pushing it. What he's doing and going to cause will be worse than having Biden for one term. Don't believe it? Look at how pissed off the "other" side was at Obama and Hillary that they voted Trump into office, the least qualified Republican. Hell the least qualified human being. That was the biggest fuck you to Democrats they could possibly say. I've been saying this since early on in his presidency, that if he and the Republicans in the Senate continued this bullshit, they were going to cause a huge break in the Republican party. A 2nd Term with Trump will guarantee a complete Democrat take over, if it's not already to late. Which frankly I'm afraid it might be. There won't be a bigger sign of how much he fucked shit up if Texas goes blue, the mere thought of that should make ANY Trump supporter stop and think for a minute. By all means, if you still want to vote for Trump, go head, your liberal friends will thank you in four years :)

A part of me wonders if Trump is just tired of all the political BS and just doesn't care, privately hoping he loses so he can go live his life in peace, while letting someone else deal with shit.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

I wouldn't be surprised if he struggles with not accepting any loss at anything vs continuing to deal with all the bullshit. He can't handle anything remotely critical or negative. i just wish he wasn't taking America down with him.