Outrage over police pushing elderly man to ground video

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Outrage over police pushing elderly man to ground video

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Hard to watch...

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Pugsley

Re: Outrage over police pushing elderly man to ground video

Post by Pugsley »

Play stupid games win stupid prizes... there was a curfew in effect and he was out past it.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Pugsley wrote:Play stupid games win stupid prizes... there was a curfew in effect and he was out past it.
Um yea no. Break the law, get arrested for sure, but not end up in the hospital. There's something wrong if you can justify whatever happens to someone just because they break the law.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Buffalo police officers suspended after video shows them shoving 75-year-old at protest

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ma ... 2IoqZHEZew
darcy

Post by darcy »

I don't know what the hell is going on in this country anymore. If it were a ride, I'd want off.
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Play stupid games win stupid prizes... there was a curfew in effect and he was out past it.
We don't know if there was any back story, but the guy seemed to be asking a question, or asking something. He was in no way threatening. There's was just no reason for those two cops to shove him like that.

Worse, when he hit the ground, except for the one cop who tried to help and was sent away by (I assume) a superior, the total lack of concern that senior citizen is lying on the ground bleeding from a cracked skull. Hey I know the cops in a situation like that are under strain, but that was way out of line.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Only thing I know is that I briefly caught a headline about this. That the guy was an instigator and they finally had enough of him.

It didn't look like it was a rough push. It looks like once the guy started walking backward, I'm guessing because he was older, he just couldn't maintain his balance and fell back.
------------------------------------------

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

It's really time to invoke the 25th Amendment. While I'm not fond of Pence, at least he's not batsh*t crazy.

In case tweet is removed:
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Scanning communications? WTH is he smoking? That's a cell phone in his right hand, and a motorcycle helmet in his left.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

He is pushing some secondhand Qanon conspiracy theory. Even IF the gentleman was a master hacker, he doesn't deserve death.

My brain is still trying to understand, "fell harder than was pushed." It reminds me of a a Lewis Black Sketch where he once heard a woman say, "if it wasn't for my horse, i wouldn't have spent that year in college."

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

"Was aiming scanner. Could be a set up?" SMH I've said it 100s of times: Someone needs to keep an eye on him and slap the phone away when he is about to tweet ANYTHING.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Losbot wrote:"Was aiming scanner. Could be a set up?" SMH I've said it 100s of times: Someone needs to keep an eye on him and slap the phone away when he is about to tweet ANYTHING.
Why? Why should anyone have to babysit the President of the United States? This is supposed to be the most respected, most powerful person in the world.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

psypher wrote:
Losbot wrote:"Was aiming scanner. Could be a set up?" SMH I've said it 100s of times: Someone needs to keep an eye on him and slap the phone away when he is about to tweet ANYTHING.
Why? Why should anyone have to babysit the President of the United States? This is supposed to be the most respected, most powerful person in the world.
Yet each one has always had aides, advisors, assistants or whatever. Clearly one of them needs to do it or hire someone to follow him around and smack that phone out of his hands before he tweets anything.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

No one left. He's fired all the babysitters.

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Here you go. Trump. Better for black people than Lincoln. Because you know, Lincoln's actions where questionable.

https://tinyurl.com/y92kgl5n