Trump says he knew coronavirus was a pandemic 'long before' it was declared

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Trump says he knew coronavirus was a pandemic 'long before' it was declared

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You know, I don't even blink when I hear him say something ridiculous anymore - that's the new normal - but this really takes the cake.

I am literally. LITERALLY! Banging my head on the table while watching him say that on TV.

So somehow we went from "It's a Democratic hoax" to "It'll be over in a week" to "It's overblown" to "I knew it was a Pandemic before anyone else".

REALLY? Steve Job's reality distortion field must be whimpering and cowering somewhere in the shadow of Trump's...

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ore-it-was
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Err
Life Member

Re: Trump says he knew coronavirus was a pandemic 'long before' it was declared

Post by Err »

The US has been warned for decades what would happen if we kept electing scientific illiterate people as our leaders. Trump only cares about keeping the stockholders happy. He wants $850 billion (laughs in Dr Evil) for a stimulus.

The reason WV has zero cases is twofold. 1) I don't believe Yeager Airport has international flights unless they are a lay over point. 2) There's NO TESTS! You can't have what you can't test for.

Calling COVID-19 a "Chinese Virus" also shows his stupidity and gives credence to the Derp State Bio-Weapon theory.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I don't see the issue with calling it a Chinese virus or Wuhan virus. In the past, we have called other epidemics like Spanish Flu, Lime disease, Hong Kong Flu, etc. So I guess I didn't have Chinese food last night. It guess it was Asian American prepared food.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Executioner wrote:I don't see the issue with calling it a Chinese virus or Wuhan virus. In the past, we have called other epidemics like Spanish Flu, Lime disease, Hong Kong Flu, etc. So I guess I didn't have Chinese food last night. It guess it was Asian American prepared food.
ok, but is there anything you do have an issue with?
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

The only thing I've seen that's not entirely true is the hoax thing. His reference, IMHO was that the Dems were using the virus as the next big issue that they have against him, so it's the next hoax, like the Ukraine thing.

Everything else that's been coming out of his mouth has been questionable. I'd rather he just keep quiet for now and let others speak.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Trump's self-fellatiating again:
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I do agree with closing the borders to those coming from countries with a high number of infections.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

I wish the republicans hadnt had that sham trial and actually got rid of this asshole. Even Pence and his bullshit would be better at this point.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

He's an idiot but he was not guilty of that crap. Did you even read the actual transcript because not many did. It was all political bullshit bias and it was even tougher to take the charges seriously since even before the guy was sworn in, they were talking about impeaching him. It's been a political shitshow from day one.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I read the transcript, and it was hardly "perfect". I agree that alone was probably not sufficient grounds for impeachment, and by that point I felt impeachment was a waste of time. Were them Dems looking for an excuse? Sure. But we've been down this road before:

Bill Clinton was impeached by a republican controlled house, for lying about having a blow job after a couple of years of investigations about a real estate deal that ultimately found he had done nothing wrong. In the end that's all they had on him. He said he hadn't had sexual intercourse with a staffer during a deposition.

Now I would argue THAT is a witch hunt, my friend.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

I told my wife from day 1 the impeachment was a waste of time. But I'll be damn if I whitewash the fact that they had a trial with no witnesses and suppressed evidence and pretend it's fine after what happened to Clinton, so yeah, he is still a incompetent narcissistic asshole.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

And he can be an "incompetent narcissistic asshole" who's not guilty.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... s-briefing

Chloroquine could work as an anti-viral and I hope it's successful. However, the US dropped the ball again as China's been trying this in January: http://xinhuanet.com/english/2020-01/30/c_138742650.htm
Alexander later asked Trump: "Is it possible that your impulse to put a positive spin on things may be giving Americans a false sense of hope."

Trump replied in the negative.

"No, I don't think so. It may work. It may not work. I feel good about it," he said. Trump then sought to move on to another reporter's question, but Alexander interjected to ask another question.

“What do you say to Americans watching right now who are scared?” Alexander asked, citing the number of cases and deaths of the coronavirus.

“I say that you are a terrible reporter, that's what I say,” Trump said. "I think that's a very nasty question. And I think that's a very bad signal that you're putting out to the American people.

"The American people are looking for answers and looking for hope, and you're doing sensationalism, and the same with NBC and Concast. I don't call it Comcast, I call it Concast."

NBC is owned by Comcast.

"Let me just tell you something. That's really bad reporting. And you ought to get back to reporting rather than sensationalism. Let's see if it works. It might and it might not. I happen to feel good about it, but who knows? I've been right a lot."

As another reporter then asked a question, Trump continued to unleash on Alexander, saying: "You ought to be ashamed of yourself."
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"No, I don't think so. It may work. It may not work. I feel good about it"
See it's these kind of nonsense statements that makes people crazy. He does this all the time. There was one where he was talking about something (can't remember what) and his answer was "Yes absolutely, but maybe not. I think so, but it might not happen. We'll see, but I feel very positive about it."

I mean what kind a f'ing answer is that?

They need to take the mic away from him and let Pence do the talking. At least he knows how to play the role of reassuring politician.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

FlyingPenguin wrote:
"No, I don't think so. It may work. It may not work. I feel good about it"
See it's these kind of nonsense statements that makes people crazy. He does this all the time. There was one where he was talking about something (can't remember what) and his answer was "Yes absolutely, but maybe not. I think so, but it might not happen. We'll see, but I feel very positive about it."

I mean what kind a f'ing answer is that?

They need to take the mic away from him and let Pence do the talking. At least he knows how to play the role of reassuring politician.
You quoted one sentence...every single word that comes out of his mouth is nonsense! :) I can't understand how any sensible intelligent human being could possibly listen/read his transcripts of what he says and seriously think that's ok for anyone, let alone the president of the United States. I can't wait to hear Joe Biden curse and call him a fucking idiot on national television.