Trump distances himself from Giuliani's Ukraine efforts

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Trump distances himself from Giuliani's Ukraine efforts

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Maybe we'll get to find out what Rudy's 'insurance' is after all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBXomhl

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: Trump distances himself from Giuliani's Ukraine efforts

Post by Err »

The sad part about all of this is that Trump's supporters don't care. They think the impeachment inquiry is a waste of time. I'm betting the House will draft articles of impeachment. The Senate will spend all of 30 seconds on it and will vote to not impeach. Trump will probably win in 2020 because the Democrats don't get out and vote.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Well, in all honesty, it's fair to feel that the impeachment is a waste of time because from the moment he won the election, they were running articles about how now that he won, they needed to find a way to impeach him. If the Left would not have acted this way from day 1, then maybe it would have been taken seriously but even CNN had an article about how the impeachment thing is old already. I rather feel sorry for Trump. He's been on the defensive since day 1 and get's zero respect so why give them any respect.

And I honestly believe the media and late night hosts have had a field day with Trump because he's a white guy. They can say whatever they want and mock him however they want. Nobody could criticize Obama without automatically being labeled a racist. I criticized Hillary and was labeled a misogynist. You can't criticize anyone these days unless they're a white male.

I'm so tired of the political BS.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

My 2 cents:

1) I personally do not believe this ONE incident by itself rises to the level of impeachment. My opinion for what it's worth.

2) However, the House is entirely operating within the constitution, and they certainly have the right to draw up impeachment articles and have a vote on it.

3) Don't think it's fair? Let me remind you that Bill Clinton was investigated for the Whitewater Investments for FOUR YEARS. Kenneth Starr never found anything wrong with Whitewater, but in the process of turning over a lot of rocks, he found out about a blow job. QUOTE: "The three articles accuse Clinton of lying to a grand jury, committing perjury by denying he had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky, and obstructing justice." That's it.

4) Impeachment is a waste of time. House will impeach, Senate will not convict. Nancy Pelosi was right not to want to start impeachment proceedings initially. Sure there was some pressure from the far left, but in the end what made this happen is Trump himself ASKED for this. Practically begged for it, by releasing the transcript. If he had refused to release it until, say, February (he easily could have - heck it could have been tied up in the courts for a year) then none of this would have happened. It would have been too late.

5) I personally would prefer to see the bum voted out of office. There would be better closure.

Releasing that transcript was probably the single stupidest thing Trump ever did. It practically handed the House everything they needed. I have Republican friends who are convinced that he released it because he WANTED to be impeached because he loves having a target to rail at, it makes him look persecuted to his base, he knows the house won't convict, it might cost the Democrats political capital, and this is a brilliant planned move on his part.

Me, personally? I don't think he's that Machiavellian. I think he really believes that phone call was "perfect".
Nobody could criticize Obama without automatically being labeled a racist.
Umm, really? I guess you weren't watching Fox News much back then. :)

Fond memories of the "terrorist" fist jab.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Impeachment is just a stupid show. it's a waste of time. Even if he does get removed (and he wont) that would put Pence in, and he's scary. Trump is just a buffoon, Pence knows WTF he is doing and is a sneaky evil shit.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I should have been more clear: I wasn't referring to Fox. I meant in discussions with those on the Left. I had people tell me I was racist just because I would criticize Obama and during the election, I had female friends tell me I was misogynistic because I didn't like Hillary. Please. That woman is worse than Trump. That woman probably did strike a deal with the devil.

I read the book Crisis of Character and it shines quite a light on how she would treat others. She's a bitch. At least with Trump, you know what you're getting. She though is underhanded and sneaky.