This city wanted to be welcoming. Then a candidate vowed to ‘keep Marysville a white community.’

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

This city wanted to be welcoming. Then a candidate vowed to ‘keep Marysville a white community.’

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yup, this is where we are.
By all accounts, Thursday night’s council forum in Marysville, Mich., was supposed to be about moving the city forward.

Discussion ranged from new housing projects to enhancing parks and recreation in the small community 50 miles north of Detroit, where five candidates are lobbying to fill three council seats in November, the Port Huron Times Herald reported. When the forum’s moderator raised a question about boosting the city’s diversity — more than 95 percent of its 10,000 or so residents are white, according to 2010 Census data — candidate Jean Cramer’s response confounded her peers.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... community/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: This city wanted to be welcoming. Then a candidate vowed to ‘keep Marysville a white community.’

Post by Losbot »

Stop posting links to Paywalled stuff. lol
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: This city wanted to be welcoming. Then a candidate vowed to ‘keep Marysville a white community.’

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You know how to get around that? Visit the page in incognito mode.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Yeah, yeah. But then I have to hit extra keys or click a few extra clicks. Then copy/paste a link. UGH!
My mouse has a limited MBTF and you want me to reach it quicker?? LOL
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

You know she is getting re-elected.