The Brains Behind AOC (and some other members of Congress)

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
Losbot
Almighty Member

The Brains Behind AOC (and some other members of Congress)

Post by Losbot »

If this is all accurate, then we've got some problems. I'm already convinced we won't recognize this country in another 20-50yrs, the way things are changing and the pace seems to be accelerating.

Thoughts?
Executioner
Life Member

Re: The Brains Behind AOC (and some other members of Congress)

Post by Executioner »

And I thought Bernie was a bleeding liberal, but she takes the cake, and the media loves her. Everyday, I see articles on her. The expert at 29 years of age knows everything.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: The Brains Behind AOC (and some other members of Congress)

Post by FlyingPenguin »

The media loved Trump also... not so much now :)

I don't take her very seriously. She's got her 15 minutes of fame but everyone new to congress is full of piss and vinegar, and then they slowly learn how the system REALLY works.

I don't see the newbies as a threat, just some fresh blood. If a democracy can't survive some new blood, then it's not a democracy.

Actually, when you get right down to it, she's the Democratic alter-ego of Trump. The "fresh blood" that's going to bust the stodgy old system and show them all how it's REALLY done. Ho hum. Seen this before.

Oh, I do happen to agree with her on the New Green Deal, but I'm also A) A realist that it will never happen and B) pretty much convinced we are already WAY too far over the precipice for ANYTHING to prevent what's coming. 35 years ago when I myself was full of piss and vinegar, and did some marches for the environment, it was already almost too late. We do need to minimize the effects as much as possible, within reason, but it's too late to avert it. Take a good long look at your low lying coastal cities because in 40 years a lot of their acreage is going to be under water.

From here on in, we're going to have to learn to live on a planet that will increasingly try to kill us.

The a-holes that deny climate change are morons, and the idiots that think they can still prevent it are charmingly delusional.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "