Trump suffers disappointing setback with North Korea

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Trump suffers disappointing setback with North Korea

Post by FlyingPenguin »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... orea-talks

Mixed feelings about this.

On one hand i'm relieved that Trump didn't obligate us to a hastily written treaty with no teeth just because he wanted good press.

On the other hand I have to ask how the hell could teams of people have been negotiating this with the North Koreans for weeks now, and they not have had some sort of solid agreement before Trump and Porky met.

Traditionally by the time a president flies halfway around the world to meet with the head of another country to sign some sort of agreement, the deal is already done. The leaders are just supposed to show up for photo ops. We all assumed Pompeo had everything in order before Trump went over there, and as important as this was to Trump, you would think it would all be ready to go.

Gotta to shake my head over that one.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

wvjohn

Re: Trump suffers disappointing setback with North Korea

Post by wvjohn »

"You give me your extra dessert and we've got a deal"

Traditional politics is different from Trump politics. In traditional politics you have a cleary defined policy goal, approved from the top, and implemented by the negotiators as FP said.

The vids of the ceremony of Porky getting on his train (full of food no doubt) were pretty bizarre.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

at least there dialog going on between the countries .its a step in the right direction. if it will bring fruit who the hell knows at this point .like said do a train load of food. did leave the train station. to bad it wont make it to the people in north korea that can really use it.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I overheard on the radio, something along the lines that they let NK know we had some intel on them that they were not expecting, regarding their nuclear arsenal. That might have had something to do with it. Only Trump, Kim Jung Un and their translators would know I guess.