Thousands registered in 2 states

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
sbp

Thousands registered in 2 states

Post by sbp »

Boy everyone just knew one of the states was the banana republic of Florida.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mp ... cs/2752160

About 46,000 people are registered to vote in two states, New York and Florida, a violation of both states' laws that could affect the outcome of the November presidential election, according to an investigation by the Daily News.

Many New Yorkers spend the winter months in sunny Florida, which played a pivotal role in the 2000 election after George W. Bush narrowly won the state in a contested ballot recount. Florida could be a crucial state in the November presidential election.

The New York tabloid examined computer records to ferret out duplicate registrations in New York City and Florida.

The Daily News said it could not provide an exact count of how many people vote in both places, because millions of names are purged between elections. But the newspaper found that between 400 and 1,000 registered voters voted twice in at least one election, a federal offense punishable by up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Of the 46,000 registered in both states, 68 percent are Democrats, 12 percent are Republicans and 16 percent didn't align themselves with a party, the newspaper reported today.

The duel registrations have gone undetected because election officials do not check voter rolls across state lines, the newspaper said.

"There's no extensive investigation normally on a voter registration form," Steven Richman, general counsel for the city Board of Elections, told the paper. "We accept it at its face value."

Daily News article: http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/ ... 2807c.html

----------------
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

You can bet that it's been going on for a long time (voting twice).
xsiled
Golden Member

Post by xsiled »

68% democrap... no way...

i guess its better then dead people voting...
VICTORY 2004
Lmandrake

Post by Lmandrake »

Those aren't pictures of Republicans?
sbp

Post by sbp »

Originally posted by Lmandrake
Those aren't pictures of Republicans?
No, the white woman is crying so its a dem. :D
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You Republicans shouldn't complain. The vast majority of Florida snow-birds are retirees. Retirees down here are something like 85% registered republicans.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

xsiled
Golden Member

Post by xsiled »

so....

they wernt the ones double booking...
VICTORY 2004
TruckStuff
Golden Member

Post by TruckStuff »

Originally posted by FlyingPenguin
You Republicans shouldn't complain. The vast majority of Florida snow-birds are retirees. Retirees down here are something like 85% registered republicans.
Gee that's funny... I just did a few minutes of Googling and all the demographics I read said that the overwhelming majority of senior citizens in Florida are registered Democrats. Besides, do you really think a bunch of 70 year old New York Jews are going to vote GOP? ;)
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Truck, I don't care what you Googled, but I LIVE HERE and 90% of my clients are retirees.

The retirees that can AFFORD to have two homes (and afford my rates) are NOT the same retirees living in a mobile home on a small fixed income.

Snowbirds are retirees that made good money and saved it. They have substantial assets, a good pension, etc.

They're mostly republicans (I don't DARE mention politics to my clients). Matter of fact there was an editorial in the local paper recently about "closet" democrats living in the large (40,000 population) exclusive retirement community here (do a google on "The Villages").
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

TruckStuff
Golden Member

Post by TruckStuff »

Originally posted by FlyingPenguin
Truck, I don't care what you Googled, but I LIVE HERE and 90% of my clients are retirees.
Yeah, you're right.... I'll trust what you say over the governments of the counties of Florida... What was I thinking?
xsiled
Golden Member

Post by xsiled »

cause we all know pen deals with 90% retirees for the whole state, cause hes super like that...
VICTORY 2004
TruckStuff
Golden Member

Post by TruckStuff »

Not super... "Flying!!!!" :s urf :D

j/k FP ;)