Soldier responds to Michael Moore's Movie

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
Red Dawn
Golden Member

Post by Red Dawn »

Originally posted by TruckStuff
:laugh :laugh :lmao :lmao :laugh :laugh

:bull

There it is folks... the end of this thread. :rollin
:asshat
Obviously for you and your ilk it's better to plug your ears and insult those whom present views differently than your than to address them. Some say it's just a case simple tactics for Simple Minds. Of course not knowing you personally it might be more a case of not wanting to bother than you being simple minded. I'll give you credit and believe it's more of a case of the former than the latter.
Ich bin ein PC Mißbrauch
Lmandrake

Post by Lmandrake »

To say that this is "giving more fuel to terrorists" is to paint a rosy (and false) picture of the world before 9/11.

Perhaps. My point was not so much that the terroists would alter their behavior. It was more directed at how much easier it will make it for them to find support, recruits or some sympathy for their cause.

Terrorists don't understand quiet displays of force.

I'm sorry. I just don't understand this at all. Do you mean to say that the only effective way to fight them is by invading and occupying other countries? In other words, is it your view that massive displays of military force is the only thing that impresses them? If so, I am still a bit confused since you also say it is way too late to try to alter their behavior by any means.
TruckStuff
Golden Member

Post by TruckStuff »

Originally posted by Lmandrake
I'm sorry. I just don't understand this at all. Do you mean to say that the only effective way to fight them is by invading and occupying other countries? In other words, is it your view that massive displays of military force is the only thing that impresses them? If so, I am still a bit confused since you also say it is way too late to try to alter their behavior by any means.
Its not about altering behavior as if terrorism is some psychological problem, e.g. Osama's mother hugged him too much or not enough when he was a child. Its way too late for "behavior modification." And more to the point, it wouldn't do any good anyways because violence is a rational, logical extension of Islam (especially since it is justified in the Qoran). Look at the world throughour history. The places we have seen the worst violence and discrimination are the places where Islam has gained a solid standing in the culture. Invasion after invasion by Moorish forces in the Middle Ages. Discrimination against women in Iran. Discrimination against/killing of Christians in Indonesia. Genocide in Sudan, Rwanda and the Balkans. Do you think its just coincidence that Islam has been at the center of all of these atrocities?

These are religious beliefs we are talking about here, and religious beliefs run much deeper than simple "behavior modification." The jihadist we are fighting now in Iraq and the rest of the Muslim world have shown time and again that they are willing to die and kill for these beliefs. How would you propose we counter these beliefs? Do you want to try to convert Osama to some other religion? I don't see that happening anytime soon. Do you want to try and negotiate with them? That has failed more than once. Do you want to just leave them alone and hope they don't come after us again? That didn't work with Hitler. What is your plan to counter this threat?

There is right and wrong in this world; we may not be right all the time, but they are wrong all if the time. Now, if you think that killing civilians and women and children is just a matter of perspective, than that's your conscience you have to deal with.