crazed democRATS looking to point more than finger at Vice President

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
TheSovereign

Post by TheSovereign »

When I look at the coverage of this most recent crisis I am really saddenned by the reporting of CNN. Here are examples:

Fox:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,113017,00.html

CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/ ... index.html

Fox news posted comments from every side, including Haitian civilians and the civilian opposition, as well as US Marines, Colin Powell, and Aristide supporters. It also left the conclusions up to the reader.

The CNN article on the other hand does not post a single comment from Hatian civilians, only Aristide, his wife, and Democratic party members who criticize Bush.

Quotes from Republicans are clipped to the most trite denials that you hear at most cookie cutter press conferences, making them sound made up. They are also limited to some minor, repetitive quotes from Secretary Powell and the White House Press Secretary. Reading the article most readers are only given one side and thus are left feeling like the White House must have done something wrong.

I know these are only two examples from each, but based on these I am disappointed with CNN and would have to say I now prefer Fox News to CNN.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rc96joOz8#t=0m58s">YodelRoll!</a>
<a href="http://www.halfinchbullet.com/">Goto HalfInchBullet.com!</a>
Lmandrake

Post by Lmandrake »

LOL damn Red dont you get awful dizzy putting your spin on anything and everything?
Don't you guys get tired of doing the same thing? Honestly, that BS no more represents the Democratic Party then some ad paid for by the "Former LaRouche now Republican Club."

Some crackpot group names themselves something with the word "Democrat" in it and all you guys immediately jump to the conclusion that it was paid for by the DNC or something like that.

WTF did Red say to get you all so riled up? That there are extremists on both sides? Gee, don't you think that is possible?

Of course you might have to engage your brain for a nanosecond rather than jump right into "preconcieved notions bash Red Dawn" mode. What he said isn't even offensive to your cherished right wing core beliefs. You know, if anybody cared, and I certainly don't, it wouldn't be too hard to post the right wing outrage of the day or week here and troll for reactions. What I do care about, and just barely, is how ugly you guys get if anyone even dares to say something that runs counter to your own views.

Grow the hell up and be civil.
dadx2mj

Post by dadx2mj »

OH PLEASE, show me one post that Red has posted that is not bitching about something. He never posts anything positive that I have seen. He tries to blame everything on Bush and tends to offer no facts just his typical name calling of everything and everyone. I could care less that he voice his opinion I just give him crap because he stoops to child like name calling all the time with little to no facts to back himself up. He shows no respect for anything or anyone and thus gets not respect from me and apparently some of the others here as well. Go ahead and prove me wrong, show me where Red contributed something positive to PCA. All he is doing is as you put it "trolling for reaction". Also where do you get off telling us to be civil and to grow up? Red is one of the most insulting posters here why should he expect anything else in return?
rogue
Golden Member

Post by rogue »

Originally posted by dadx2mj
OH PLEASE, show me one post that Red has posted that is not bitching about something. He never posts anything positive that I have seen. He tries to blame everything on Bush and tends to offer no facts just his typical name calling of everything and everyone. I could care less that he voice his opinion I just give him crap because he stoops to child like name calling all the time with little to no facts to back himself up. He shows no respect for anything or anyone and thus gets not respect from me and apparently some of the others here as well. Go ahead and prove me wrong, show me where Red contributed something positive to PCA. All he is doing is as you put it "trolling for reaction". Also where do you get off telling us to be civil and to grow up? Red is one of the most insulting posters here why should he expect anything else in return?

Is it so offending that he makes fun of Bush and offers a different political viewpoint? It's very typical here that anyone who says something against the grain of the mainstream is branded a "dumb liberal" or any other myriad title which Sov and the others give. Such attitudes may be the reason why we do not see more posters here. And get off your high horse about "respect," for you're the one that chooses to flame people whenever you see something that you don't agree with..
Welcome to the machine.
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

Originally posted by rogue
Such attitudes may be the reason why we do not see more posters here.

That along with the fact no one updates News and there hasn't been a new review posted in a long while. Its like the site has died minus the few die hard forum members.
dadx2mj

Post by dadx2mj »

And get off your high horse about "respect," for you're the one that chooses to flame people whenever you see something that you don't agree with..

Excuse me but please do show me where I have chosen to flame someone. I may have answered a flame with a flame but even then I try very hard to refrain from name calling and personal insults. So come on show me where I have done all this flaming.
Lmandrake

Post by Lmandrake »

Please, give me a break here.

1. Facts? Who posts any "facts" in any of these political posts? Really... I scarcely recall any "facts' ever being present in Don't tell me that new stories are "facts" either. Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. Mostly news is now an entertainment business. You think Fox is putting their spin on things because its the "truth". They are not, any more than PBS is. They are serving a certain target market.

2. Name calling: Its kind of pointless to go here becasue then we get into "who started it." Name calling is epidemic in this forum. It just that terms like "dumbocrats" and DemocRATS are routinely accepted. Call Bush a d*mbshit or Rumsfeld "evil" like Red does and you become the anti-christ.

3. And "Oh Please" show me one post where Red spontaneously started a thread bashing the right. Doesn't happen here and reasonable people who don't agree with the sbp, sov, etc. crew don't post. FP is a nice smart reasonable guy. He chimed in a bit about the war last year, and then stayed away from politics. You guys have taken over the political BS forum and woe be to him who disagrees in any thoughtful way.

4. I still say grow the hell up. I say it to Red Dawn too, only in this thread he started out with what seemed like a very reasonable comment.

5. I'll tell anybody I damn well please to grow the hell up if I think they deserve it. If you think that makes me a pompous ass, so be it. I've earned the right.
dadx2mj

Post by dadx2mj »

Lmandrake I would call you a Pompous Ass but that would be name calling and I try not to go there :D

This is getting pretty stupid and going no where. I am curious to see if Rogue can show me all the flaming he accuses me of but other than that I think I will be done with this thread.
Red Dawn
Golden Member

Post by Red Dawn »

LOL,Lmandrake and Rogue, I'm not bothered by the the Ad Homs leveled at me because my views differs from those on the Far Right here, in fact I expect it as it is their M.O.(with sbp usually being the exception) In fact with them it's always been attack the messenger not the message. I will always consider the sourcewof those attacks and it will bit stop me from expressing my opinion no matter how unpopular it is with thim. If they don't like my opinion on Bush well that's too damn bad. If they don't like the fact that I think the Dub and his Neocon handlers deceived the American public into supporting their ill conceived war in Iraq that also is to damn bad. They say they don't respect me for it well I can assure you that respect is a two way street. I guess they just aren't prepared for an homest Political debate where one might not hold the opinions that they do close to their heart. Such as life!
Ich bin ein PC Mißbrauch
TheSovereign

Post by TheSovereign »

you guys act as if i have an axe ready to smite you about the neck...well its not true u can have any opinion you want, just back it up...i went back and looked and no he hasnt STARTED any threads in that manner but he does antagonize people try it go look...now all in all i think its cool for red dawn to post here he helps me bring my prove such as in the above statement that fox is better than cnn, instead of being a onesided fake news source with an agenda
Red Dawn
Golden Member

Post by Red Dawn »

Originally posted by TheSovereign
you guys act as if i have an axe ready to smite you about the neck...well its not true u can have any opinion you want, just back it up...i went back and looked and no he hasnt STARTED any threads in that manner but he does antagonize people try it go look...now all in all i think its cool for red dawn to post here he helps me bring my prove such as in the above statement that fox is better than cnn, instead of being a onesided fake news source with an agenda
If my opinions and views antagonize others then so be it. In this thread I really don't see where I disagreed with anybody, I just stated that both the Democrats and Republicans have extremists whackos in their parties as do the Pro War and the Anti War camps.

As for the Iraqi War, I truly believe that it was a preordained War by the Dub's administration and that we shouldn't have gone in when we did. However now that we have already screwed the Pooch we can't afford to cut and run. What we do need to do is let the Military run this war and not the Politicis like Rummy and Her Wolfowitz. If they would have listened to Gen Shishenski and deployed the amount of troops that he believed was necessary to execute the Occupation correctly we wouldn't be having these problems we are having now. I think Rummy and his Neocons trying to wage this occupation on the cheap has actually cost American Servicemen lives where as if we had the adequate number there wouldn't have been the loss of life on both sides that we are seeing now!
Ich bin ein PC Mißbrauch
TheSovereign

Post by TheSovereign »

lol trust me reddawn they can occupy correctly but we dont wanna cruel

occupation rules may include and are not limited to up to 20 hour a day cerfews, no electricity, no vehicle use period

u want us to do this to the iraqi's?
Red Dawn
Golden Member

Post by Red Dawn »

lol trust me reddawn they can occupy correctly but we dont wanna cruel

occupation rules may include and are not limited to up to 20 hour a day cerfews, no electricity, no vehicle use period

u want us to do this to the iraqi's?
The Iraqi's can suck my ass. I care for them about as much as they care for us!
Ich bin ein PC Mißbrauch
TheSovereign

Post by TheSovereign »

here here, at least you understand the enemy
now would you leave your enemy alone to their own devices?
Red Dawn
Golden Member

Post by Red Dawn »

here here, at least you understand the enemy
now would you leave your enemy alone to their own devices?
You mean cut and run? No!
Ich bin ein PC Mißbrauch