Apple watch headache

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Apple watch headache

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:36 am Good looking watch. So how useful do you find it? I still don't see a use case except maybe to see a text or who's calling without pulling out the phone.
In all honesty, it's a luxury. It's definitely not a necessity. It does come in handy if you're taking advantage of certain features, such as NFC payments. I configured the bottom button to be my payment button. I have a default credit card but I can scroll through the other options. I only have 2 credit cards on there. I don't have a debit card. It's whatever you have in your Google Pay. I place the watch near the credit card reader and I'm done.

It's nice to get my notifications on it. I get Ring notifications, showing me the still image of whoever it detected outside of my house. I can issue Amazon Alexa or "Hey Google" commands to control lights, etc. I know I haven't used all the features it's capable of. Mostly because I don't like most IOT things but the few things I've got, I can control.

It's really just a nice timepiece, whose face I can change to suit my mood, with the convenience that I do not need to have my phone with me. Since my phone is typically on my desk, in its holder, I can receive notifications on the watch and since it also utilizes WiFi, I can take calls on the watch as well, as long as the watch has connectivity.

Again, it's just a luxury. Not a necessity. Hope that helps.

-Los
------------------------------------------

psypher
Golden Member

Re: Apple watch headache

Post by psypher »

reno wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:24 pm well i miss understood the wife and today driving back from daughters figured out IM going to have to order her a charging dock station . she used the charger from her old apple watch and the usb block to charge the watch .well she planning on giving her old unit and that charger to are daughter. so off to amazon we go shopping for the correct system .sucks the new phone comes with a charging lead cord but no wall usb power plug .
Yea Apple stopped including the charging block a couple of years ago, mostly to reduce the size of the iPhone box. It's like $20 at Target/Bestbuy. It's the 20W USB-C power adapter. I also replaced the cable with a longer braided cable, OtterBox 6' Cable C-LTG.