approves T-Mobile's $26.5 billion purchase of Sprint

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

approves T-Mobile's $26.5 billion purchase of Sprint

Post by reno »

federal judge has approved T-Mobile's $26.5 billion takeover of Sprint, rejecting objections from a group of states and removing a major obstacle to a shakeup in the wireless industry.

After the deal closes, the number of major U.S. wireless companies would shrink from four to three.
New York's attorney general says an appeal was possible.
https://www.wxyz.com/news/national/fede ... XHSpCytuwg
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: approves T-Mobile's $26.5 billion purchase of Sprint

Post by Losbot »

I personally have been happy with T-Mobile. The prices are reasonable and the service is good. Verizon has better service in some areas but I typically don't have any issues with T-Mo on my Google Pixel phone. I've kept T-Mo around now for about 15yrs. The customer service is always great.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

i was happy with sprint for 15 plus years .till i went to do a upgrade last year . they said yes then said no on a discount on a S10 galaxy. so i switched to the company i'm with now . spectrum im really happy with the service but the price is really good .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Depends on where you live I guess. I know peeps in south Florida that are happy with T-Mobile but around here their coverage sucks.

When I moved here 20 years ago I was a Sprint customer because they had, at that time, the best coverage in the state. Back then all the rest of the carriers had major dead spots on the Florida Turnpike.

I switched to Verizon 12 years ago when data became an issue. Sprint was lagging WAY behind on data speeds at that time. Verizon has been rock solid for me here, and their data is very fast - fast enough that I've used my cell phone as a hotspot to play online games on Steam when I've had a couple of Comcast outages.

I don't really know if it's a good thing for these two companies to merge. Seems like it' will lead to less competition.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Verizon here also. Never had an issue, but their prices are probably higher than the other 3.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

That's why I only ever used Verizon when it was provided to me and I still kept my personal T-Mobile phone. I could never get a decent price compared to T-Mo. Plus I get more with T-Mo. They throw in 10G a month for personal hotspot which is nice and apart from my phone's data.

They each have their areas where they outperform the others. I'm satisfied enough with T-Mo to not want to change. When the time comes and I move, I'll change if the coverage sucks at my new place.