Google USB-C Digital Earbuds review

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Google USB-C Digital Earbuds review

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Okay, after using the stupid (and expensive) 1/8" mini to USB-C headphone adapter with my trust old Apple earbuds on my Pixel 2 XL for a year, I finally gave in and ordered the Google USB-C earbuds. I must say, they sound even better than the Apple earbuds (surprising as I've always considered the Apple buds superior to just about anything else out there, for the price) and very comfortable.

The little loop of wire at the top looks weird at first, but is actually a brilliant way to comfortably lock the buds into your ear, without any discomfort.

I now have volume control, which I didn't have with the Apple buds (the play/pause button works on the Pixel 2 with the apple buds, but not the volume). The phone automatically detects that you're using Google buds and installs the Google assistant that works with the buds by holding down the play/pause button, but I disabled that. I already use the voice assistant ("Hey Google") which works fine, and apparently they both use different algorithms because the Google assistant didn't understand a lot of the standard commands I use with the voice assistant.

https://store.google.com/product/usb_c_earbuds

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Google USB-C Digital Earbuds review

Post by Losbot »

Might have to check those out for my Pixel.