phone case companies to avoid.

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

phone case companies to avoid.

Post by reno »

bought a Zizo case for my Galaxy S10 back on April 18, 2019 . it claims to have a 1 year warranty. in the last 2 -3 weeks the belt clip started to fail. I went online to the company's web site .i fill in all the required paperwork and a photo . they never responded to my request after a 2 week wait . i went on amazon were i bought the case from . wow in less then 4 hours im contacted by email. asked to fill out the paperwork again and guess what they replied this time. but they say im one month over on the warranty .but they give me 1/2 off on a new case .--- what bullshit is this . i agree and they send me a code for 1/2 off . (im kind of stuck between a rock and hard place) turn out the code only good for the back of the case with the clip attached to it. and it cost me as seen below. the whole case cost me $17.99 new shipped- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NP ... UTF8&psc=1

what BS and never will deal with Zizo for a phone case again. Otter stand behind there cases and warranty they do charge shipping sometime but not always -found this out with my old phone . and yes Im ruff on cases:)
replacement part order item
Zizo Belt-Clip EXTRA/REPLACEMENT Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S10 Case (will not fit without the BOLT CASE) HOLSTER replacement x 1

$14.99

Discount replacezizoholster $-14.99
Subtotal $0.00
Standard Shipping $6.65
FL State Tax $0.40
Pasco County Tax $0.07
TOTAL
$7.12 USD
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: phone case companies to avoid.

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I swear by Spigen cases. Rugged like Otter, but without the bulk.

I have dropped my Pixel 3 XL a half dozen times on tile and concrete. Sometimes on it's face, and sometimes on it's edge. Never damaged it.

They make a variety of thicknesses. Mine is on the thinner side.

I don't use a screen protector. Never liked them.

https://www.spigen.com/products/pixel-3 ... gged-armor

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

+1 for Spigen. I've had a couple of them. They fit well and have protected all my Pixel phones.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I'm using the Unicorn Beetle for my Samsung S9. I no longer us the clear cover for the front.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

+1 for Spigen too! I've been using their cases for years with my Pixel phones and I've never had any issues.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

my problem is it has to have a belt clip. The case has to be sturdy/rugged because i'm always banging the phone.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I unexpectedly found that Magpul (gun accessory parts manufacturer) cases are great.