The $139 Nokia 2.2 brings back the removable battery

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

The $139 Nokia 2.2 brings back the removable battery

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Re: The $139 Nokia 2.2 brings back the removable battery

Post by Genom »

This phone is perfect for the next glass body phone my wife destroys (they last at most 3 months). All she wants is web browsing, calls, and android auto functionality, and she's wiped out all my older phones already and is on the last S6
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I had a Samsung S5 with the removable battery. The problem is getting a GOOD battery replacement. If I ever get a new phone that comes with a removable battery, I'm going to order a replacement battery directly from the OEM. The ones you get later on when the phone is 3+ years old are from China and are junk. They last about 6 months.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Buy a replacement battery direct from the OEM when you buy the phone, and then put it in the fridge (NOT freezer). It will stay chemically stable there until you need it.

BTW: Do this with ALL your batteries (Lion, NiMh, Alkaline). They last forever in the fridge. Old photographer's trick.

I also store all my old phones in the fridge with the batteries, in case I ever need them. If you're worries about moisture (which really isn't a problem IMO) then put the phone in a ziplock with a silica pack.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "