Thoughts on new Google devices?

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Thoughts on new Google devices?

Post by Genom »

I am sure people have seen the nexus 6, 9 and whatever the media player is called by now.

Looks like nice hardware as usual, but the new theorized prices are way higher than the past nexus devices. Considering the bit of a bad rap they have built up for quickly abandoning updates to their previous devices (Nexus 4 to kitkat boondogle for example), do you think they will sell well? I know Samsung and HTC have a better rep for update support, and Motorola seems to be trying to build some nice rep back up after the hammering they took back in the Atrix days.
DaMaN

Post by DaMaN »

I think they will sell due to them being available to all the major US carriers and being subsidized by new 2yr. contract commitments. I am in the market and await the pricing on the new Droid Turbo being offered by Verizon later this month. http://www.droid-life.com/tag/turbo/
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Yeah I am thinking of replacing my S3 as well, but am not too sure about a phablet. Wasn't crazy about the Note when I first tried it out, and the S3 is about as big a phone as I am comfortable with. More interested in the Sony Z3 compact or whatever it's called, although the full sized one is really nice to look at.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Curious how the Nexus 6 phone looks so much like the Moto-X. Maybe not surprising since Motorola makes it. I'm still rocking my 1st Gen Moto-X, but if I was shopping for a phone I'd look at the Nexus 6. I prefer a pure Android experience over the bloatware on Samsung phones.

I will look at the Nexus 9 tablet. My 1st gen Nexus 7 is getting long in the tooth.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

DaMaN

Post by DaMaN »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Curious how the Nexus 6 phone looks so much like the Moto-X. Maybe not surprising since Motorola makes it. I'm still rocking my 1st Gen Moto-X, but if I was shopping for a phone I'd look at the Nexus 6. I prefer a pure Android experience over the bloatware on Samsung phones.

I will look at the Nexus 9 tablet. My 1st gen Nexus 7 is getting long in the tooth.
The 2012 Nexus seven has been confirmed to be slated to receive the new Android 5.0 Lollipop soon so wait until that to see if you like it on there.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I like that the camera on the new Nexus 6 doesn't need to be ground off.
;-) lol
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah that's essentially the Moto-X design, which is slightly thicker in the middle, so that's where they put the camera.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.