Anyone have any comments on a Sprint Treo 755p?

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Anyone have any comments on a Sprint Treo 755p?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I'm thinking of getting one. I'm presently a Palm user (I have a Sony Clie). The Sony still works fine and has a great display but it's 5 years old and I'm amazed the battery has lasted this long.

I have no desire to go to a Windows PDA or a Blackberry. I'm a Palm Desktop user right now and I either will need to buy a new Palm sometime this year anyway, or since it's time to buy a new phone I'm debating combining the two in a Treo.

Any thoughts?
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Invisible Evil

Post by Invisible Evil »

It's a good phone for someone like you who will know there will be random lockups and hangs. I get probably 1 a day in my store for repair, but its usually because the person who has it is an idiot.

I used one for a while but went to a blackberry 8830 world edition.
While I had the treo I was very happy with it, there is a recent update 1.07 that was put out that helped it tremendously.

I can only saw 1 really bad thing is the blue tooth is not very good for whatever reason. Blue tooth in with headsets and quality of talk, transfer of data is fine.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Ya, I heard that about Bluetooth and that's a concern. My Samsung A900 has crappy bluetooth. My A900 works fine except for the crappy Bluetooth.

Well, I thought about and looked at one and decided I really don't want one. I'd prefer to continue using a separate PDA and phone. Instead I got a Motorola Red Razr. I got the wife a Katana II but it's a POS. She prefers my Razr and I don't blame her so I'm going back to exchange the Katana II for a silver Razr. That was we have compatible cords and accessories.

When the PDA quits I'll shop around for a new Palm. I also have a backup Clie PDA in the drawer identical to mine, whose battery still seems good.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Invisible Evil

Post by Invisible Evil »

Good lord I hope you have good luck with the razors, those damn things plague me at work I bet my place gets 15 day for different reason.
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Invisible Evil wrote:Good lord I hope you have good luck with the razors, those damn things plague me at work I bet my place gets 15 day for different reason.
No more Gamestop?
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Happy with mine. I downloaded a "trial" version of Moto Phone Tools and I can access the photos, phonebook, and ringtones.

I have now fullfilled my lifelong dream of having a phone ringer with the sound of the president's phone from the movie "In Like Flint". I can die happy now :-)

Yeah the phone seems nice. I don't use any of the internet based crap or the music player - it's strictly a phone for me. Nice and thin like my A900 but the bluetooth is crystal clear.

Invisible Evil

Post by Invisible Evil »

No I dont manage a gamestop anymore Chal, I am a corp manager with Sprint
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Bad Ass! Gratz Dude!
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

My wife has a Treo 680 and she really likes it. She was wanting a Blackberry but did not want to give up the touch screen.

I am using a razor for the past 6 months and love it.

RubberDuckie

Post by RubberDuckie »

I got the Centro and Love it. It is smaller which I consider a plus.
JSTMF