2 - ? on a Galaxy Z Fold Phone

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

2 - ? on a Galaxy Z Fold Phone

Post by reno »

first would you be willing to be one of the first to buy one ? after past history with folding screen's on cell phone's .

2nd who in the hell has $1800.00 to shell out for a cell phone .
I know not me on both these questions .

Galaxy Z Fold3 5G
Save up to an extra $135.00 with Samsung Discount Program
From $899.99 $1799.99 with eligible trade-inθ
$25.01/mo $50.01/mo for 36 mo⊕ with Samsung Financing
Err
Life Member

Re: 2 - ? on a Galaxy Z Fold Phone

Post by Err »

I'll never own a folding phone that has a folding screen. IF they would make a phone similar to Microsoft's Surface Duo, I'd be interested. The main thing I hate about Samsung's new phones is the lack of expandable storage. I also hate there is no 3.5 mm jack but I'm eventually going to have to get used to that I suppose. I think Samsung needs to dial back how many models they make and discontinuing the Note is a very bad idea. If my S9+ wasn't still working well, I'd pick up a Note. I'd really like to get Sony's new phone when it releases but it's not compatible with all of AT&T's bands. I don't feel like changing carriers right now but I'll probably have to at some point because AT&T's offerings are very anemic. I can get Apple (no), Samsung, Motorola, Pixel, or what's left of LG. The upcoming Pixel 6 looks interesting but I hate how you can't lay it flat. It also lacks expandable storage. I wouldn't harp on that so much if manufactures would put at least a Tb on their flagship phones. Also, I save all my pictures and music to the SD card. Should something happen to the phone, all I have to do is remove the SD card to another phone. I don't have to worry with data recovery.
Err
Life Member

Re: 2 - ? on a Galaxy Z Fold Phone

Post by Err »

I forgot to mention that I got to see the fold up close when I was picking up my Note. The crease is very apparent when unfolded. I don't see how this phone would hold up long with moderate use.