MSI Twin Frozr II/OC

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
Executioner
Life Member

MSI Twin Frozr II/OC

Post by Executioner »

In that desktop rig that I was having issues with the co-processor driver, now that I have that fixed I'd like your thoughts on this old graphics card. It's a MSI Twin Frozr II/OC R6950

Those are the only markings I can see on the card. Looks like this:
https://www.newegg.com/msi-radeon-hd-69 ... 6814127562

Is that card better/same/less than a Geforce GTX660 as far as performance goes?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: MSI Twin Frozr II/OC

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Thanks. Not as bad as I thought it would be. I know I did run DOOM2016 on my old 660, but some things had to be turned down. So I think this card could handle DOOM2016 but with some adjustments.

It's a card that came with that desktop that I've been working on, and I rather not swap it out with a spare 660 that I have. I just added USB3 to the desktop as I want to sell it. I will be bumping the ram up to 16gb, which hopefully it will sell. Not sure what to ask, but I was thinking about $100. The person will still need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Is that a fair price? I can post some pics of the case. Here is what it looks like from the front. It does have a 1tb hard drive - no SSD.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

My eyes!!!! :)
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "