Finally won NewEgg's raffle today!

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Finally won NewEgg's raffle today!

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Heh, finally won a Newegg raffle today! Got my friend an RTX 3070 just in time. Now I don't have to loan him my GTX 1080 when I deliver his PC.

Got this one: https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx ... 6814126461

Got saddled with an $210 Asus 27" 1080p Free/G-Sync monitor with the bundle, but I can sell that to anyone. My accountant would probably love to have that thing. He's still using an 11 year old 22" Dell.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Finally won NewEgg's raffle today!

Post by Executioner »

So you won a video card or the monitor?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You "win" the chance to buy it. That's how NewEgg is doling out chances at video cards and other items with limited availability.

You enter the raffle, pick the items you're interested in. Sometimes they're bundled with another item like a PSU or a monitor. If you win, they put it in your shopping cart and email you. You have a certain amount of time to buy it or it goes to an alternate person.

I've been entering every day for the last two months.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Congrats
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I got saddled with this monitor for $210 as the bundle item for the RTX 3070:

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E1682423682 ... 6824236821

I unpacked it today to make sure it's okay because early reviews mentioned a lot of dead pixels, although the recent reviews have been good.

No dead pixels, and it's got a nice image. It's a Freesync monitor that's GSync certified, and yeah the 3070 recognizes it as a GSync monitor and I could set the refresh to 144 Hz (it defaulted to 60 Hz).

Nice 26 inch monitor for the price. Viewing angles are good, especially considering it's a TN panel, lots of brightness, blacks are okay. Speakers suck, though.