Who is running UT with a GeForce 256?

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
Cheway

Post by Cheway »

As aforementioned in my last post, I am experiencing problems with my GeForce 256 card and Unreal Tournament. I'd like to know who else is running a GeForce 256 card with Unreal Tournament, and if you've been experiencing any problems.
MAC
Golden Member

GeForce & UT

Post by MAC »

Cheway,

I've been running UT with a GeForce card (Creative Lab Annihilator Pro w/ 6.31 Nvidia drivers) since last Christmas. The only problem I've had was with UT's original crappy D3D support. Since the 428 patch, UT has ran great on my system. One difference is I'm running an Intel system and I believe you're running an AMD system.

A couple of months ago, I switched over the OpenGL using the beta OpenGL dlls developed by Loki. Still no problems and now I can use the S3 Textures on the second CD.
Cheway

Post by Cheway »

Mac, I'm running an Intel Pentium III 700 overclocked to 840. Before you start thinking nasty things, the overclocking is not the problem. It still has the same problems at the normal 700 mHz level.
MAC
Golden Member

Overclocking

Post by MAC »

Cheway,

I wouldn't dream of saying anything about you overclocking your P3-700. Especially since I'm running a Celeron 533 @ 800 MHz. I guess it was either another forum where a guy was having problems with UT and a GeForce that was running an AMD CPU or I stopped taking my medicine too soon and I'm seeing things again.

One more thing, did you see that Epic is releasing another bonus pack for UT. It's supposed to be a couple of new models, 10 new maps, and two re-worked maps.

Have a Merry Christmas.
Cheway

Post by Cheway »

Well, I downloaded some bonus packs this evening. Is this new one available for download somewhere? Yummie! Thanks!
MAC
Golden Member

UT Bonus Pack

Post by MAC »

The new UT Bonus Pack was released the hour or so. You can get it from UnrealTournament.com

http://www.unrealtournament.com

I've been trying to download the new Bonus Pack for the last 5 or 10 minutes and can't connect to the site. I'm sure it's extremely busy right now.
Darkheart

Post by Darkheart »

I'm running a Geforce 256 (DDR) on an AMD Athlon 800 on Irongate and everything works fine using detonator 3 drivers and patch 4.36.

Darkheart