Well Comcast talked me into upgrading my bandwidth...

Networking and broadband talkabout. Need help with that new router or setting up a network?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Well Comcast talked me into upgrading my bandwidth...

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I went into the Xfinity store to upgrade my home Internet to unlimited data as I've exceeded my cap a for the past few months. It's just an extra $10 a month which is better than paying the overage fee of $10 per 50GB over.

While we were discussing that, the sales rep checked to see if there were any offers that would save me money. They offered to upgrade me from 400 Mbit/s to 1200 Mbit/s, and save $40 a month.

Well, why not?

Other than the excruciating pain of having to install a new modem, which NEVER goes smoothly.

I couldn't install it using the Xfinity App because the devices tab was not visible under accounts (seems to be a common issue with the app from reading forums). Manual activation online via their activation page also failed with an error every time I tried to authenticate. Finally had to get a tech on their online chat to fix it.

I am getting 750 down / 25 up which is a big improvement over the 400/12 I was getting on the old modem. It's not 1200 though. I have tech scheduled to come by to check it because they were getting a DOCSIS error on their end when they tested the connection to the modem. He said that might be a cable issue.

I'm happy enough with that speed AND unlimited, especially the increased upload speed. If they can give me a bit more, groovy, but I'm good.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Well Comcast talked me into upgrading my bandwidth...

Post by Losbot »

Not a bad bump in speed. We still don't have Comcast where I'm at and AT&T still has not installed fiber despite it being about 2 miles away from me for at least some 6yrs that I've know about it.
Frustrating
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Well Comcast talked me into upgrading my bandwidth...

Post by FlyingPenguin »

After a few days is actually bumped up to 950 down on it's own and stayed there. No one ever showed up. I had to contact tech support via online chat to get the phone line enabled, but I only use that as a fax line.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.