Loss of connection

Networking and broadband talkabout. Need help with that new router or setting up a network?
NascarFool

Loss of connection

Post by NascarFool »

Overnight my cable connection quits. Tech support says my modem is working fine and they can "talk" to it. I can reset the modem and router but it still shows no connection. If I reboot, the connection returns. I did find a checkbox in the Advanced tab of the networking card properties that said to let Windows shut down the NIC to save energy. The box was checked on both comps. I unchecked the box. Could that have been the reason my connection was lost ?
renovation

Post by renovation »

carl that was my problem truned out to be line from pole to the house was bad week signal !
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
xsiled
Golden Member

Post by xsiled »

im having the same problem now, though i know the drop line from the pole to the house is fine as it was replaced when we got digi-cable.
VICTORY 2004
renovation

Post by renovation »

they also did replace a filter and some jumper cables in the house befor they figured it out that day for me but r&r of main feed did it for my place !
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help