Cisco Targets Home Run with $500M Linksys Buy

Networking and broadband talkabout. Need help with that new router or setting up a network?
Augix

Cisco Targets Home Run with $500M Linksys Buy

Post by Augix »

"The leading position of Linksys offers a tremendous top-line growth opportunity," Charles Giancarlo, senior vice president and general manager of product development at Cisco, told the E-Commerce Times. The home networking gear market is projected to grow from $3.7 billion in 2002 to $7.5 billion in 2006, according to the Dell'Oro Group.

http://www.technewsworld.com/perl/story/21052.html
Heatware
TheManiacal1

Post by TheManiacal1 »

even after all this... linksys products still suck. SMC and Netgear make far more reliable products. it's beyond me why linksys is so popular as the only consistency they have with their products is that they consistantly suck. hehe

ultimately however, i think that this is a good way for cisco to position themselves in the home/soho market.
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, and the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn`t want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon... Need I say more?"

- Chris Rock

------

"War never solved anything... Except for slavery, Facism, Nazism, and creating the USA..."