belkin router - win xp download using a p2p -

Networking and broadband talkabout. Need help with that new router or setting up a network?
renovation

belkin router - win xp download using a p2p -

Post by renovation »

i have a belkin 4 port router !
runing windows xp pro .
using internet explorer

how can i do p2p downloads or uploads with out taking this router out of line when uploading or downloading !
the build in firewall is a son of a bitch
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
Augix

Post by Augix »

slow down the security features on your firewal via http setup ;)
Heatware
DocSilly

Post by DocSilly »

Just check the p2p homepage/FAQ , many explain what ports need to be forwarded on the router to your PC.
I have a P133 with IPSec Linux firewall working as my DSL router. I forwarded the known ports for my p2p applications.

edonkey/emule:
- TCP 4662
- UDP 4672

Bittorrent:
- TCP 6881 - 6889

Those are the only ones I am using, you have to find the ports of other p2p networks yourself.
Oh yes, you certainly need a static IP on your WinXP machine. You can give it one manually or use DHCP with fixed leases that're bound to your NICs MAC address (just in case yer only do pure DHCP).
ShibasScotch

Post by ShibasScotch »

that or open urself as the DMZ host :P I can happily use any P2p : ))) thou many people may argue abotu the security holes when u do this.. but the known ports for p2p leave u just as open, just thru a narrower hole
Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other, then themselves.