Have your case moded or not?

Make windows, cool designs, heck just plain abuse that baby! Share case modding tips and ideas

Would you pay to have your case moded or would you do the handy work?

Yes, im lazy and and i choose to have it moded for me.
11%
I'd rather spend time and put together my case.
89%

Total votes: 96

Intoxication
Genuine Member

Have your case moded or not?

Post by Intoxication »

Personally i would rather mod it myself, get to know my case better...
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

I've modded 2 of mine with windows and extra blow holes. If you don't have time to do it i guess paying someone else to do it ain't so bad. ME i'd rather do my own that way i knwo what kind of quality of work was put into it i'm a picky sucker when it comes to stuff like this.
Intoxication
Genuine Member

Post by Intoxication »

Yea... i made it sound like it was a bad thing to pay for your case to be moded... Right now i am in the process of starting a bizness for custom cases ( looking to hire some people ) but its all in the works.right now I am getting through school. And im looking for ideas and good prices to start moding! :D
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Well.. buy me a small lathe and milling machie and i can make any custom part known and unknown to man!!! Mainly fan buses and other neato crap.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
Intoxication
Genuine Member

Post by Intoxication »

Sounds like i could use some1 with that type of knowledge =o
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

i am right here... a also can pull a few strings and get limited acess to some production machines as well.

I have a few products ive been fiddiling around with. just i dont have the money to do much.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
Intoxication
Genuine Member

Post by Intoxication »

ditto.. :(
Shadow250
Golden Member

Post by Shadow250 »

i got a big horizontal milling machine and a lathe big enough to put a case in a 4 jaw chuck but cant think of any mods you could do with it, guess im short on imagination heh?... :p

<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=9490"><font color=red>My Heatware<font/></a> <font color=white><font size="2"> :cool

:hic :rockon:
©LINT

Post by ©LINT »

I bought a antec case with a window already in it... thats why i voted im lazy<1 vote at the moment, that mean im the only one lazy? :) > But honestly, i work all the time. and i saw this case and had to have it. However, i did take the psu apart and installed a clear fan with blue LEDs. and i also have 3 other blue LEDs and a yellow light strip that i won thanks to pcabusers.

It would be a awsome pc for a michigan fan :)
DoPeY5007
Almighty Member

Post by DoPeY5007 »

personally, I would do it myself :s mile
eGoCeNTRoNiX

CoDeNaMe DRaGo

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

I'm working on modding a case right now. I'm going with red and black for the color schemes. Was thinkin' about a different color other than Red for the LEDs.. I will probably go with UV CC and UV reactive IDE cables and wire loom for the inside. May also go with a UV reactive base coat on the interior as wel.. Any suggestions? eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
Bigal

Half the fun is....

Post by Bigal »

There is nothing more exciting than building a machine yourself. When it first comes to life, your eyes will swell up and you'll be fighting back the tears. Oops. No, that's how you feel after staying up all night trying to figure out what that *#^&#&# machine won't boot! Sorry 'bout that!

But seriously folks, buying a new machine and just plugging it in doesn't make you a computer user. You've got to get into that case, and figure out how to make it better. If you start off with your own part selections, you'll save money by avoiding the incremental upgrades. Just be sure you have some money set aside to pay the credit card bills...... :D
<color=red>Home web site: http://www.bigal-computers.net</color>

<color=blue>Like motorcycles? Check out the WORMS here: http://www.bigal-computers.net/worms.php</color>

Lots of hand-built and modded AMD systems.
eGoCeNTRoNiX

First Mod Done!!!! PICS!!!

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Hey Guys.. I just finished my first mod and it's BEAUTIFUL!! I have to paint it yet, so I'm gonna put up another thread w/before and afters.. But this is the window kit I won in the contest that Greg put on.. Hope you guys like.. eGo

PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
nero wolfe
Genuine Member

Post by nero wolfe »

i am about to make my own case outta plexy glass ;) so beat that mod
Bigal

Don't scratch it.....

Post by Bigal »

nero wolfe: Be very careful handling that stuff; it's easy to scratch it when making cuts and even just handling the parts during assembly. Also, think about cable placement before you finalize your design, so that you don't have wires sticking out all over the place. That nylon mesh stuff does a good job covering the power supply wires and fan wires, but you also have switch wires and USB / Firewire / Optical Sound cables, etc.

I guess you also need to consider the lighting effects you want to use for highlighting the edges. Have you looked into using LEDs, or cold cathodes? :D
<color=red>Home web site: http://www.bigal-computers.net</color>

<color=blue>Like motorcycles? Check out the WORMS here: http://www.bigal-computers.net/worms.php</color>

Lots of hand-built and modded AMD systems.