Gone but Not Forgotten- OCZ Technology.

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Gone but Not Forgotten- OCZ Technology.

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

normalicy

Re: Gone but Not Forgotten- OCZ Technology.

Post by normalicy »

I've still got both their drives and their RAM running on some of my stuff. It was never top notch stuff in my opinion, but it was a great value brand. Shame that they took PC Power & Cooling down with them. I'm still running one of their last power supplies before being bought out. Rock solid in my main rig after all these years (almost 12 years now).
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

I remember they used to be absolute shit. I also remember burning T shirts at a certain party.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Heh. Dusted off a spare Media Center PC yesterday that's been in the closet a year. It had a OCZ 120GB SSD in it. It booted fine, so I restored a clean image and the drive died. Completely dead. Bios doesn't see it, and I confirmed it by connecting it to another PC via a SATA to USB adapter.

So in the trash it went, and I pulled a used Samsung off the shelf. :)
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "