Ultra-light 'honeycomb' mice are the next big thing in PC gaming gear

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Ultra-light 'honeycomb' mice are the next big thing in PC gaming gear

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Huh. I've been saying for years that I prefer light mice. Granted I've never tried anything as light as these, but the lighter the better. I've tried weighted mice and I can't stand them and always found the weights to be a gimmick

Weight is also the reason I'll never use a wireless mouse, no matter how reliable and low latency they become. I don't want the weight of batteries.

I also avoid mice with heavy braided wire. If the wire breaks, I shorten it and resolder it to the board.

I'm still a big fan of the trusty old Logitech MX518 and I own several spares because I like the way it fits my hand, it's very light, and no one makes a similar mouse with THREE programmable top buttons, and that's the way I play. Hmm, I wonder if anyone makes a 3D printed honeycomb shell for it?

From reading a few sub-reddits about people who print their own lightweight cases, it looks like you can cut the weight in half.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digi ... ight-70201

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Ultra-light 'honeycomb' mice are the next big thing in PC gaming gear

Post by Losbot »

I'm the opposite. I prefer larger, heavy mice. Currently using the Logitech G500s. What I despise most is changing from one mouse to another. You become accustomed to where buttons are and the feel. Changing mice sucks. lol
Err
Life Member

Re: Ultra-light 'honeycomb' mice are the next big thing in PC gaming gear

Post by Err »

I prefer heavy mice as well but really like the honeycomb design. It would be neat to put a fan that can warm or cool you hand in it.