A question about audio synce when capturing AVIs...

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

A question about audio synce when capturing AVIs...

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I'm starting to capture long videos now (over an hour) and I'm running into audio sync problems. The longer the recording, the more the audio is out of sync towards the end of the recording.

I can't understand why this is happening. I'm capturing to a RAW uncompressed AVI and I'm only dropping 7 frames in an hour, so what gives?

I'm using Vegas Video 3.0 and a Hauppauge Tech WinTV PCI video capture card.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well I recorded a 2 hr program using the WinTV TV Application's recorder instead of Vegas Video and the sound stayed in sync, so maybe it's just Vegas Video screwing up?

Doesn't make much difference to me how I grab the AVI so if that works I'll continue using it.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

video frame rate... idid some vcd's once and hosed up the frame rate had it at 23.xx instead of 29.97 whatever it is here in the states for tv's... the sound about 1/4 of the way into it was getting out of sync... check out vcdhelp.com lot of good articles over there that i'm sure will help you out.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

No, I checked that. It was set for 29.97. Vegas Video has a preset for VCD compliant AVI files in the capture window, and if sets the framerate to 29.97.

I'll do another 2 hour capture with Vegas when I get a chance just to see if it was a fluke. Vega is a professional (and very expensive) video editor so I can't imagine that the capture wouldn't work right, but if need be I'll just use the capture built into the WinTV TV application. Either way it makes an AVI and then I can edit the AVI in Vegas.

eGoCeNTRoNiX

I'm having a problem like that..

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

With some of the DivX movies I have downloaded.. The sound is like 3 seconds ahead of the movie.. sometimes if I stop and play again it fixes it.. I've tried several different players.. Any ideas? eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

You might want and ask your qestion at THIS SITE . They have a forum that you can post questions like this forum. Lots of knowledgeable people there willing to help.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Thx. Yeah some nice tutorials on that site.