Well the deed is done: new mobo & CPU on order.... Thanks for everyone's advise!!!

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Well the deed is done: new mobo & CPU on order.... Thanks for everyone's advise!!!

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Ordered the following from NewEgg:

- IWill XP333 mobo

- AMD XP 2000+ CPU OEM (ARGHHHH my first OEM CPU!)

- Dr. Thermal TI-V77L HSF

Also ordered a Vantec Iceberg chipset cooler as a backup in case the mobo chipset fan fails down the road, or I have any more problems with my Geforce 3's cooler (Visiontek is supposed to be sending a replacement). Figure it's worth leaving on the shelf as a spare if nothing else.

Also ordered a 512Mb stick of 2100 DDR from Crucial.

Many thanks for everyone's advise!!!!!! :)
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

d_b

Post by d_b »

with the exeption of the XP 2000 (I have the 1700)that is about the same set up I have. I think you'll like the board. One of the best parts is it doesn't have a VIA chipset. The XP333 was the easiest build I've ever done.
I'm not lazy by nature, I work very hard at being lazy.
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

You've also got a lot of help around here if ya need it... Especially that old dawg Vid... He's an Ali nut... lol
two slow

Post by two slow »

I just got mine together, and still installing software. This thing is fast.
<marquee><span style="width: 100%; Filter: Glow(Color=#3333FF, Strength=2)">I was here</span></marquee>