We ditched Intel for AMD 3 Years Ago... Here's how it's been...

All things AMD. The best motherboards, COOLING setup, overclocking, how to, etc..
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

We ditched Intel for AMD 3 Years Ago... Here's how it's been...

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Jayz does a rant on how much AMD has improved, and is killing Intel on performance & price. He used to be an Intel fanboy, but now he's become a believer after using Ryzen and Threadripper builds for the past three years in all his production systems.

He discusses some of the funky issues with USB and memory initially, but has pretty much been eliminated through BIOS upgrades and memory manufacturers specifically tweaking their RAM to run better on AMD architecture.

I must say, my 5800x system (well, built two of them now, one for a friend) have been rock stable and super easy to setup.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: We ditched Intel for AMD 3 Years Ago... Here's how it's been...

Post by Executioner »

So AMD will switch to having no pins on the CPU? With my short time with using AMD CPU's, I found them easier to use than dealing with bent pins on the motherboard socket. I had one mobo I had to send back for repair as I messed up installing the CPU. For the AMD cpu, for me it was easy to straighten a bent pin while under a microscope. On the Intel mobo, I needed a magnifier, but it was a bitch to fix.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: We ditched Intel for AMD 3 Years Ago... Here's how it's been...

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yup, that's the word.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "