Asus P5B-E with Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4GB. Free to a good home.

Computer Parts, Games, DVD's, ex-girfriends..well you get the idea. No dealers, referral links, spam, or auctions. Please be sure your email shows in your profile and to post a price when selling.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Asus P5B-E with Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4GB. Free to a good home.

Post by FlyingPenguin »

This was my workbench PC. All I used it for was running Spinrite on client drives and copying files from dying drives. Unlike modern mobos it fully supports SMART natively in DOS which allows Spinrite to monitor the drive's health while it's running (which can tell you if a drive is in poor condition).

I have since dug up a small form-factor Core 2 Duo Dell PC that supports SMART in DOS that I'm now using for Spinrite.

It's a dinosaur by todays standards, but someone might be able to use it for old skool gaming or as a file server. I'll include a video card with it - it's a Radeon HD 5570.

I'd offer the case and PSU but this case is a BEAST. This used to be my main workstation ages ago and it's a heavy Antec server style case that I lined with Dynamat to keep it quiet. It weighs as much as a marine battery.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Asus P5B-E with Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4GB. Free to a good home.

Post by Losbot »

Damn. You've had that for some time now, huh?
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I'll take it. I need another spare mobo. I still have my Asus with a Q6600. I bought it 10 years ago.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Lemme box this up for you. I'm pretty sure I still have your mailing info.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "