OT: What happened to all the old timers (ie Underclocked, Golfreak, etc)??

Computer Parts, Games, DVD's, ex-girfriends..well you get the idea. No dealers, referral links, spam, or auctions. Please be sure your email shows in your profile and to post a price when selling.
MRCOMPUTER
Golden Member

Post by MRCOMPUTER »

My first Deal was on AGN. Once upon a time - It was the place to be. Keep hitting that refresh button and you would snag a Deal... ;)
I'm Still Learning 24/7
renovation

Post by renovation »

ok sniper and fast eddie - now stay back here :)
ed i talk to over the holidays in person and keep him here . and sniper glad you remembered your handle dont be a stranger :)
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
renovation

Post by renovation »

wonder were and how these missing old timers are doing - RYNN - ilike2bbarefoot -Rooster - Iam4u2nv - jman -sean -bitslap ?
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
rstokc

Post by rstokc »

This brings back memories. My first deals were on AGN in 1997. I remember when the dude that ran the site got sick and when we all got pissed when they added the pop-up ads. In fact, wasn't this site originally an EZBoard spinoff of AGN by Blade after AGN went down?

I also still have my Zenith DVD player from Value America, although the vacuum cleaner that I got the wife went out a few years ago.
<a href="mailto:rstokc@cox.net">E-Mail Me!</a>

<a target=NEW href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php4?id=869"> Heatware Evals</a>
blade

Post by blade »

In fact, wasn't this site originally an EZBoard spinoff of AGN by Blade after AGN went down?

Yes. I kept trying to get the then agn owners to make a backup forum just in case, since it was clear agn would be shut down soon. They never did, so I made that ezboard bbs. Later things worked out well, so I got this domain and we all voted to change the name from agn2 to pcabusers.

I still have that zenith DVD player too. Man is it 2-3 times the size of the newer ones nowdays.

bellringer, Iam4u2nv came and went several times. He was a co-worker with biohazard and helped me in getting bio to repay all those he owed and screwed over. He may feel some shame over that (he shouldn't), or just got out of the forum scene.

Sean comes and goes, bitslap got upset over the 9/11 thread and left. I think I've seen ilike2bbarefoot off and on. jman just left us. He wanted to be a mod. Rynn, I have no idea. She was here some.
GCS

Post by GCS »

Yeah Scott (iam4u2nv) was pretty well blown out by the biohazard BS. I have spoken with Scott a few times (not for several months) and he always felt bad about the way that all went down and felt personally reasponsible for it since he had brought Mike to the community.

I told on many occasions that it wasn't his fault and that he shouldn't feel that way and just come back but he was like its better if I don't.

Greg
"I came here to chew bubble and kick ass ..... and I'm all out of bubble gum!"

HEATWARE
blade

Post by blade »

I figured that's why. He shouldn't feel bad about it. None of it was his fault at all. Without his assistance I may not have gotten bio to repay all those he screwed over. If anything, Scott should feel proud how he helped.

He is most welcome here anytime. :) And no one would bother him over that bio bs. We knew he was on our side.

Speaking of bio, he's sent me various whining emails that some are picking on him because of what he did, and that one is ripping him off. F* him. I just ignored his emails and enjoyed some good laughs. What comes around goes around. Plus he was a known liar, so he probably made all that up trying for sympathy.
renovation

Post by renovation »

Yeah Scott (iam4u2nv) i have persomal met and wish he would return - and he sure bust his butt trying to repair the damage bio-ass did ! it may of also helped to damage scotts personal life :(
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

Did anyone ever save my "Savage3D Blows Goats" thead? I wish I would have saved it while it was still up! :( They even changed the background of the thread to goats! LOL
rstokc

Post by rstokc »

Man, look at all of the people in this post who signed up for PCA in November 2000. We were the original members of PCA when Blade kept the AGN community alive. It's cool to see the old gang.
<a href="mailto:rstokc@cox.net">E-Mail Me!</a>

<a target=NEW href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php4?id=869"> Heatware Evals</a>
blackhawk
Golden Member

compuwiz?

Post by blackhawk »

I started with AGN also, first trade with compuwiz, a really great guy but came on tough times in the end and dont think he's online anymore. Think I had the first celeron 533 that ran at almost 900mz and cost 180us in canada!

Lots of guys here from the canadian forums have moved on, grown up or out and gone on to red flag deals for one.

Always found this place small, friendly and quick to help with ideas. Haven't built a lot of computers lately but built one for every kid and upgraded them along the way.

One thing that hasn't changed.........I still have dialup only :mad .........thats the price for a rural lifestyle :D
I Am Canadian

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D/AMD Opteron 165(9 x 270) /2x512mb Crucial Ballistix 3200/Nvidia 7900GT/LianLi V1000 + Antec Neo/WinXPpro/ Western Digital JDKS 250gb x 2/LG 16X Multidrive/Dell 1907FP

Asus A8N-E/AMD 64 3500+(11 x 255)/2x512 Corsair XMS 3200/Antec Sonata/ATI X800XL/WinXP/Maxtor 10 300gb x 2/LG 16X Multidrive/Dell FPW2005

Heat 219-0-0
Don_1
Genuine Member

Post by Don_1 »

Ahhh the memories...
One of my first trades on AGN was with Red Dawn :)
I think it was a V3 3000.
Ahhh the memories...
Workin for the man sucks!!
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Welcome Back...

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

All you Lurkers!!! :P Now stop lurking! :D

eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
renovation

Re: Welcome Back...

Post by renovation »

Originally posted by eGoCeNTRoNiX
All you Lurkers!!! :P Now stop lurking! :D

eGo
i agree or sign up and become apart of this great community ! :B
Red Dawn
Golden Member

Post by Red Dawn »

I'm still around though I don't trade . Hell I don't even like working on Computers anymore.In fact the last time I went to upgrade my CPU I bent the hell out of the pins :D
Ich bin ein PC Mißbrauch