fuel system treatment

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
Reg Kmet
Golden Member

fuel system treatment

Post by Reg Kmet »

anyone use injector/fuel system additive? im having some work done to my car and am wondering if it is worthwile to have a new fuel flter etc installed with gas prices being so mental, any suggestions?
Heatware Evals
mailto:?subject=&body=
The BLACKBIRD

STILL Canada's PREMIER Trader and FOUNDER of the Ukrainian PC ABUSERS POSSE baby!
sethpa
Golden Member

Post by sethpa »

Reg, I've had a couple mechanics tell me that due to all the extra additives and crap in gas now days, that changing fuel filters often is really important. I ususally throw in a bottle of whatever is on sale every couple of tankfuls and it seems to help.

sethpa
"my overclocked brain runs much faster with the thought processor disabled"
Viperoni
Almighty Member

Post by Viperoni »

Definetely change your fuel filter, jeez it's like $10!
Main rig: Intel e2140 @ 3.0ghz, Asus P5K-E, 2x1gb Kingmax 1066mhz, 36gb 15k Fujitsu MAU, 500gb Maxline Pro,
250gb WD SE, Sapphire X1950GT 256mb, Pioneer DVR-111D, Pioneer DVR-107D, Antec TP v2.0 480w, Inwin q500n.

1995 Saturn SW2 - 15.3 @ 90mph:
http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/2346787/
Donkee

Post by Donkee »

some of those real cheap fuel additives can screw your engine up. I had a thunderbird sc that had the timing screwed up thanks to stp.
Reg Kmet
Golden Member

Post by Reg Kmet »

unless you want a gas shower you can try doin it on my car viper :) a thunderbird SC? oh man those bad boys are sleepers! you wont catch me pickin a fight with one :)
Heatware Evals
mailto:?subject=&body=
The BLACKBIRD

STILL Canada's PREMIER Trader and FOUNDER of the Ukrainian PC ABUSERS POSSE baby!
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

Hey Reg most Fuel injected cars have a pressure release valve somewhere on the fuel system for that reason. Grab a Chilton's on the specific car and it should tell ya right were to find it. Most i have encountered have been under the hood right by the fuel filter.
Lmandrake

Post by Lmandrake »

Techron is actually a good additive. The fuel release valve is usually the same kind of valve as a tire valve and will probably have a metal cap. Be careful, as some fuel systems have a pretty high pressure.
sethpa
Golden Member

Post by sethpa »

Hey, I recently tried some injector cleaner called Greased Lightning. It's approved by Mercedes and Beemer, passed some tests or something by them, and about 9 bucks a bottle. Supposed to be like a once a year treatment. Noticeably smoother running engine after using it.

sethpa
"my overclocked brain runs much faster with the thought processor disabled"