replacement headlights !

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

replacement headlights !

Post by reno »

today we ordered new replacement headlight units for my 2014 Toyota Camry . mine are fog/glazed- great deal at about $140.00 for the pair brand new ,they come with led bulbs and side marker from Headlight depot online . bummer is after we order them we looked for a you tube on R & R them . found it not like the Chrysler Sebring we did some years back . this car you have to take the front bumper off and you need to use a hoist to remove more body parts . it can be done using a floor jack and jack stands . but it a bit of a pain in the ass this way. it be like a 2 hour job to do on a hoist so i'm having my mechanic do it in his shop . that going to cost me more then the light assembles . but still less then walking in to a body shop and way less then the dealer would be :( they be here Saturday the company Headlight Depot ships the day or next depending time of day you place the order .
Executioner
Life Member

Re: replacement headlights !

Post by Executioner »

That sucks. Reminds me of my Asus ROG G751JT gaming laptop. In order to replace the battery, you have to remove the palm rest, remove the LCD screen, remove the right side fan, and several motherboard screws just to lift the motherboard up enough to remove the battery.

If you think that is bad, on the same laptop, in order to replace the keyboard, you have to melt ~100 or more spots just to remove it. Then after replacing it with a new keyboard, now you have to remelt the plastic points to secure the keyboard. It takes over an hour. I've done it twice now. Sucks.

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

Executioner now I really don't feel so bad . last night we decided to recheck the price on also replacing the factory fog light assembly's why im at it and the front of the car will be apart anyway. we swap out the factory units . with a new set of amber till we checked the price's . that ideas down the tubes at $279.95 to $579.95 a pair less 15 % plus 8 % tax :(
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Only headlights I've ever replaced were on a 2004 4Runner. Only PITA was 1 bolt that was hard to get to, but other than that, pretty easy.

Are you sure you can't do this at home? This video is for a 2014 Camry and he's doing it in his driveway.

https://youtu.be/H5a-0aztvVc?si=kMkXt9pZHcvpHftu