DeLorean is back

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
Executioner
Life Member

DeLorean is back

Post by Executioner »

This DeLorean doesn’t need a flux capacitor.

The car made famous by the 1985 movie “Back To The Future” is back, upgraded and a thing of beauty. Unveiled by the DeLorean Motor Company, the Alpha5 is an all-electric, all-wheel drive sports coupe that seats four. According to Motor1, the company said the car can hit 60 miles per hour in 2.9 seconds.It’ll have an original run of just 88 models (perhaps a nod to the precise speed in which Marty had to have the DeLorean going “the instant the lightning strikes the tower” to get back to 1985) before the company produces additional cars. It will offer 300 miles of range with a 100 kWh battery pack. It’s expected to go on sale in 2024.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: DeLorean is back

Post by reno »

the cost of that car going to be out of the reach of most . then you better hope history don't repeat it self as the original DeLorean cars were problematic just like the Bricklin's . but it looks sweet !
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Would rather have DMC logo instead of it spelled out.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Hard pass. No room for the Flux capacitor...
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Actually watched the video and what a lame report. Thank god it has LEDs in the doors that you can only see when they are open and they go down to the little V... what a joke.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

you have to feel bad for those in California like Executioner. California Did It: Vote Has Banned New Gas Car Sales after 2035. on August 25, 2022 then to this off now
Californians were told Wednesday not to charge their electric vehicles, just days after the state said it would stop selling gas-powered cars, as the aging electricity grid struggles with a fearsome heatwave.https://techxplore.com/news/2022-08-cal ... ggles.html
here just one of the headlines around the world !
California goes haywire! Electric car owners are told NOT to charge their vehicles because of heatwave - just days after announcing 2035 ban on gas cars. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -cars.html
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

California is SOO screwed up and out of touch with the real problems going on in that state.
------------------------------------------

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

The only way I can get out of CA is for my wife to pass. She has both of her sisters living here, and they do not want to move, but I do. Newsom (or Grusome) is a little Hitler. We voted for capitol punishment, but he did the opposite. Also declared that CA is a sanctuary state even though most of the counties are against it. In another 10-20 years, CA will be classified as a 3rd world state thanks to all the liberal sum and their agenda. Hell, look at San Fransisco - companies are moving out due to shit on the streets, needles, homeless, and thefts.

We also have a 100 billion surplus. They diddled around for months trying to agree on a method to give some the money back due to high gas prices, BUT they waited until we get closer to the election so they can buy votes with the refunds. I can go on, but they more I talk about it, I get pissed off. My middle daughter has already moved to Tennessee. My younger brother just retired at 61 and has his house up for sale in Southern CA. He says he's also going to Tennessee.