new car buyers some of them anyway !

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

new car buyers some of them anyway !

Post by reno »

I love my family but ! not saying who in my family except its not my wife.
think thy can just walk into a new car dealer today and find and drive out with the car of there dreams today.
we have a relative that talking about just doing this . without looking online first . they think that car in the right color and with all the options they want .will be sitting in the dealers lot waiting for them . who am I to tell them different. just needed to vent sorry guys . today in the car market. you'll be lucky to even find the model of car you want avail in a new car lot . these people think they will just do this. on that same trip be driving the the car home a hour or 2 late. these same people are talking it has to have this and that or they go to the next same brand dealer lot to get it today /tomorrow when they go shopping. :bang good luck is all we are thinking to are self.
Pugsley

Re: new car buyers some of them anyway !

Post by Pugsley »

I don't even think you can go in and "order" a car any more. Just hope that one has been built with the options you want and the dealer can trade another dealer for it.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

Pugsley wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:37 pm I don't even think you can go in and "order" a car any more. Just hope that one has been built with the options you want and the dealer can trade another dealer for it.
I agree today .when we bought are new GM car back in March of this year. we were offer the option to custom order one . if we wanted to but was told it could take 2-3 months for it to show up . this was before covid and major part shortages were closing assembly lines . we just happen to find what we wanted . only color wasn't are first choice and this one was a demo with 4000 miles on it but full warranty. so it was a ton less like 4 grand .
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Actually, more cars are being custom ordered these days because there's nothing on the lots. I had to order my Corvette and now I'll have to order my pickup truck.
------------------------------------------