2020 Dodge Barracuda

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

2020 Dodge Barracuda

Post by reno »

not sure if this is real or not The new 2020 Dodge Barracuda will come with a new strengthened 6.2L or 6.4L engine with a larger bore of about 105.4 mm for a longer stroke with an updated gear ratio. With the right fuel, the Barracuda is expected to push up to 800hp. It's also rumored to be running on an E85 map to complement its horsepower output.
saying price is $26,000 - $28,000 base to over $60,000 - $80,000 for a full high performance muscle car

https://musclecarspower.com/meet-the-ne ... XecuVsBi7s
Err
Life Member

Re: 2020 Dodge Barracuda

Post by Err »

Since Fiat Chrysler just merged with Peugeot, I sure all future plans are in the air. I'm not sure how a Barracuda and Challenger can both exist as they would be competing with one another. I like the rear on the first rendering picture. However, if this car costs upwards of 60K, Dodge can go pound sand.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I like the way Chrysler/Dodge cars look, but I would never buy another Chrysler product. My wife and I bought 2 Dodge vans in the 90's, and both were POS. We bought them for having 3 kids. They did not last 5 years.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Executioner wrote:They did not last 5 years.
Let me guess. Trans went out or if it was a V6 burned oil.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Pugsley wrote:
Executioner wrote:They did not last 5 years.
Let me guess. Trans went out or if it was a V6 burned oil.
Funny you mention that. Our 2010 Town and Country's transmission just had to be replaced at 180K miles. The 3.8L has been burning oil since around 40K miles. Last year we had to have the catalytic converter replaced and recently replaced both O2 sensors. The engine light is still on stating the convertor is bad. I'm showing bank 1 (upstream) sensor out of spec. I hate Chrysler's 3.6 and 3.8L V6 engines. I've been after her for the last 5 years to get rid of it and get a Toyota or Honda minivan but since it's paid off she doesn't want to.

Now my 2010 5.7 Challenger has 166K miles and I only need to add half a quart every 3 thousand miles.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

It was the transmission. The Chevy 1971 El Camino for example, my transmission lasted over 200,000 miles. It still worked, but the seals were gone which made it leak oil. Car never burned oil. Great car except for the body. I lived by the beach for almost 10 years, and the sea took it's toll with creating rust on certain body parts.
I recently sold my 2000 Ford F150 Crew Cab that had 155,000 miles. My only complaint with the truck: shitty gas mileage. When I was getting gas back in 2001 when I bought the truck used, it was getting 20+ miles per gallon, but when they started to add ethanol, it started to drop and slowly kept losing. The best I could get on the freeway driving at 65mph, was 17mpg. In the city, I was getting 13/14mpg.
So after selling it, I bought a 2016 Subaru Outback that had only 24,000 miles. Since I'll be retiring in the near future, I needed something reliable. Several of my neighbors have the same car, and swear by them.
Hard to believe that at one point in the past, I had 5 cars: 2001 Ford 150 Crew Cab, 2005 Honda Accord, 1995 Chevy Corvette, 2013 Honda CRV, and a 2005 Ford Ranger pick up. Now I have only 2.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

I can't complain about my 03 TDI 5 speed beetle. Granted I do about 2k of PM along with timing belt stuff every 100k. Only time car has let me down is when it was -25 out and it just would not start and one time it broke the oil line to the turbo resulting in loss of all oil. I was doing 65 and shut it down as soon as the oil light came on. Turns out that was my fault for missing a bracket that holds that line and if vibrated and fatigue cracked at the banjo fitting. Still drive it and its at 308k miles. It long in the tooth and has developed body rot in a few spots but nothing serious yet.

Honestly if it died tomorrow I have no ideal what I would replace it with if I had to buy new. Nothing on the market today inspires me other then the Tesla truck but that's not good for long distance drives that I need to do for work. I think ill just look for another 00-03 TDI.