new ford 2021 mustang mach-E suck in looks if you ask me

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

new ford 2021 mustang mach-E suck in looks if you ask me

Post by reno »

if not for the pony on the grill .you not think it was a mustang at all !
Electric 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E officially revealed.Ford unveiled the battery-powered Mustang Mach-E utility vehicle on Sunday night, marking the first time the Mustang name has been used on a model other than a two-door sports car.
you think the design heads could of done better. even the tail lights are sad .
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/electric-f ... ang-mach-e
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Re: new ford 2021 mustang mach-E suck in looks if you ask me

Post by Genom »

Yeah, looks like a Ford'ified BMW'ish mini SUV. Not a great looking car.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Wait up... the Mustang is now a utility vehicle? Way to ruin a name.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

What..what...WHAT?

When I heard that they were releasing an electric 'stang, I just assumed it would still be styled like a 'stang.

Other than the pony on the "grill" there is NOTHING about that thing that looks like a Mustang.

What bright bozo in a suit came up with this stupid idea?
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

That first picture looks like what I would expect Toyota or Hyundai To build to compete in the "Mustang" market.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I'm glad Ford is making this but the design leaves a lot to be desired. The grill looks stupid. It's like they stuck it on as an afterthought so they had a place to put the Mustang logo. Ford had a lot of names they could've used for this. I'm perplexed as to why they chose Mustang. I do think it will sell despite the $42k starting price as there will be a dealer network to support it.

I wouldn't buy one due to price and the horrid interior. I don't want a 15" screen floating off the dash. Why can't these be integrated? They could still make them easy to remove by just removing a trim piece. I also hate touch controls.

I can't figure out how to hotlink this evening. Imgur wouldn't work for me.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GjsRVF2yp65xJFQeA
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Yeah major disappointment. You can't call that a sports car.
reno

Post by reno »

this mustang seems like it was the dream of a bozo is right FP. i have a friend who working in the design center at ford and he can't believe the projects they had to work on -look at the lincoln line styling it missing the mark by miles. word is lincoln going away like mercury very soon there just not selling in the states .
I also have a friend who just went to off his 2 year old mustang and took a 25G. plus hit when he tried to trade it in . he went to 2 ford dealer and they couldn't deal with him he was so far underwater with the car.he now getting a new 70 inch big screen tv and a new KIA.as the replacement for the mustang . (he a retired ford motor employee ) didn't want to jump car companies but had to get out from under the mustang he bought . i don't have all the facts but it not a pretty story. from what I do know about him trying to trade the Mustang in.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Wow, so, the marketing department went stupid. They say they no longer make cars except for Mustangs. Thus, they are all Mustangs. Because the name!?!
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Is Ford trying to make this bad on purpose? I see disabling the fake engine noise being the first popular mod on these. I wonder if Ford is trying to cover up road noise.

https://www.motor1.com/news/383220/ford ... ake-noise/
The first all-electric Ford Mustang is here, and it’s controversial to say the very least. Interestingly, much of that controversy seems to stem not from the electric powertrain, but its five-door crossover body. Regardless of public opinion, Ford calls this a Mustang and we will give the automaker credit for really trying to make it engaging. That includes pumping fake engine sound through the speakers, but it’s not quite as simple as it, well, sounds.
One day I'd like to own an electric car. I still drive 160 miles per day so you'd think it would pay for me to get one. However, after factoring in having to get a charger installed (Tesla recommends 240V 60A) in the garage plus the $40K+ price of a car with adequate range, I break even at best. Plus I have no place to plug in on I get to work so I'd be stressing every time the temp drops below freezing.
Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

Ugly...

Reminds me of what Pontiac did with the LeMans....

I havent like the new rustang body styles. They look like an oversized Hyundai Tiburon.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Some electrics have where you can just feed them regular 110. They wont charge quickly but its enough to keep them warm and get an extra 30 miles on 8 hours.
reno

Post by reno »

from the The Official Canadian International AutoShow.
the front chrome grill a improvement from the first set of photos .
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Yeah, didn't help enough. Looks like a compact SUV to me (Jeep Cherokee?). And not necessarily a stand-out one.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

It's out in Europe: https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-revie ... ach-e-suv/

This interior sucks. A vehicle in this price range should have better looking plastics. What is with the trend of placing a protruding tablet on the dash? This sucker is 15.5". At least integrate it like the Tesla Model S or better yet, remove it altogether and give my physical buttons for the entertainment and HVAC. Why not put the "gear shift" knob on the dash in sight of the driver? They already have two levers on the steering column, the one on the right for selecting the direction of the vehicle. It may be an optical illusion but what is that bump on the dashboard just to the left of the tablet? And while this is a petty complaint, a modern car should have at least two USB charging ports. I see there's a USB C but not many phones come with a USB-C to USB-C.