My to-be car

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
vwkess

Post by vwkess »

Whoa Zak, calm down there bud; I like small cars too! :) We probably won't get any 1.2L, etc engines here for one major reason... fuel is cheap (and people here arn't too keen on driving cars with less than 100hp). But is *is* a global market. Like I said earlier, you do have makes sold over there that we don't have here. And you have models over there that we don't have here either (Micra etc..); but thats usually limted to the sub-compact class. All of the manufacturers have moved (or are moving) to the world car concept. Compare the market 10 years ago to today and you'll see what I mean (this ties into the Peugeots having poor reliability here). BTW, the typical motor (for a mid-size passenger car anyway) in the US is about 3.0L in size and puts out 200-240 hp. Smaller 4-cyl engines in the 2.2L range usually put out about 150hp. And as far as TDi's in Seats and Skoda's... I am aware of that ;) I have family in Ireland and usually visit every 1-2 years. My father-in-law keeps me well stocked in Euro car mags and papers :)
bitSLAP
Golden Member

Post by bitSLAP »

I'll take an asian car over a UK or US car any day.
JMan
Golden Member

Post by JMan »

Woo... info central here :)
Speck: My parents are paying for it.
I'm actually not sure about the leasing/buying thing. I'll have to see what my dad says.
I hadn't actually seen the Jetta available with an automatic tranny + turbo, but I just checked it out at the VW site and the 1.8T looks pretty nice.
What do you guys thing about CD players: 1 in-dash or 6 changer in trunk? I don't find trunk loaders convenient at all, but I wouldn't want to get too distracted with popping new CD's in while in the car.
Thanks for the info :)

JMan
"Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"
"I'm sorry, I don't listen to hip-hop."
Speck102

Post by Speck102 »

u r lucky. I already hav 2 cars, i crashed 1 of dem, and i hav to pay wit my own money for both, and the registration, and the insurance... :(
Fu Manchu
Golden Member

Post by Fu Manchu »

i would just do the varsity blues thing and go steal a police car and cruise around with a bunch of naked babes :)

if you want power = 56 impala
if you want good gas milage = jetta
if you want pimp mobile = 56 impala
if you want hydros = 56 impala

hehe :)