latest lame rage

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
sbp

latest lame rage

Post by sbp »

http://kron.com/Global/story.asp?s=%20%201082678

SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) -- Parents just don't understand the new rage with Oakland kids. It's called a 'whistle tip' and it attaches to a car’s muffler to make the car screechingly loud.

Well, Oakland residents are fed up with the noise but they are being told it's legal.

Every muffler shop in Oakland is installing whistler tips. It's a piece of metal welded inside the exhaust pipes that makes the car audible for a mile.

“The whistles go whoo whoo,” says whistle fan Bubb Rubb.

“Anybody who has it in their neighborhood is going to be totally driven crazy,” says one resident.

Roxanne Bruns says the high-pitched tone like the squeal of a BART train that doesn't stop is keeping her awake at night. Police have told her it is perfectly legal.

“They think it's a fad, that it's going to go away,” Bruns says. “It's not going to go away. It's driving me nuts. I work at home. I can't concentrate. It goes on for hours.”

“Some neighbors say it's way too loud,” Mr. Rubb contends. “That's only in the morning: you're supposed to be up cooking breakfast! It’s like an alarm clock. Whoo-hoo!”

Bubb Rubb and his little sis were proud to show theirs off. In a demonstration on one Oakland side street, they spun their sporty, modified car out of control as they jammed the gas, careening across double-yellow lines and nearly missing a row of parked cars.

Some Oakland residents will complain about the noisemakers on Tuesday night at the City Council meeting.

Until the law changes, muffler shop owner Marcello Carbrera says he will keep installing them.

“That's what they want,” he says. “My business is to sell pipes so I have to sell whatever they want. If they want it, I’ll sell it.” Well, the popularity of whistle tips doesn't seem to be changing. Some stores in Oakland say they sell at least three each day.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

those used to be practial jokes.

you yould take one and a broom stick and jam it up sombodys tail pipe to piss them off.

So now its cool? WTF!! Now i have to think of another thing to put on my car to piss off the ricers that have them.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
tunis5000
Almighty Member

Post by tunis5000 »

rat fink
Genuine Member

Post by rat fink »

we have a couple here in our town, and I found the perfect solution: but it does create some truble: when the kid is in school I go under the car and take out that muffler and put in a actual exhaust muffler: did it to one, he first thought that the muffler went, looked under and then went right up to me and asked for his muffler back, after a while I convinced him to just drive around with that one on for a while, so he did and eventually got into the habit of a nice rumbling exhaust out of his mustang.

ps. I later destroyed the ricer muffler, but that was after he said that I can keep that muffler. it was interesting when I destroyed it.
using a 366 mhz computer
have better vehicles:
67 impala
82 firebird
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

he had one on a mudflap? what an idiot... i would of jammed a potato up the exhaust, that woul of made it quiet.

Whats funny... is if you see the video of bub rubb.... they say ist for decoration only?!?! WTF you cant even see the stuid thing!!!
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]