Best sports car for the money?

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

what are all you smoking, imports that a disgrace, if anything find a real car either a ford, dodge or my personal favorite chevy, from the 60 and the 70's then everyone will be looking at what ride you have. heres a couple examples: lill red express, challanger, mustang, cobra, chevelle, impala, firebird, camaro, yenko, monty, and the list goes on, just no import.

hahaha. nice domestic fanboy attitude. :rolleyes:

to each his own, man. i just bought my first import and will probably never look back at domestics because of build quality and reliability. i've owned ford, mercury, chrysler...and none can compare so far to the quality, etc of my acura.

of course, as i said, to each his own. people will trade longevity/reliability of a car to have more power from a domestic v8 or whatever...that's fine. that's why there are so many different cars out there--because there are enough people to buy all of them.

if you want a money-pit i would recommend an old '60 or '70 muscle car.
Lan-Evo
Genuine Member

Post by Lan-Evo »

The STi would be like my dream car (reality wise). 300-horsepower @ 6,000 rpm, 300 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4,000 rpm; all wheel drive!

Why the Evolution handles better, and if you wanna save some cash the Dodge Neon RT (supercharged) has a grip like a pitbull!
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

ummm.... the RT isn't supercharged unless they just did that... cause the fastest production 4 banger in the states right now is the turbo charged SRT4 and it only has a 1/4 time of 14.1 secs which is faster than the snail RT
Lan-Evo
Genuine Member

Post by Lan-Evo »

Originally posted by PreDatoR
ummm.... the RT isn't supercharged unless they just did that... cause the fastest production 4 banger in the states right now is the turbo charged SRT4 and it only has a 1/4 time of 14.1 secs which is faster than the snail RT

Yeah i wasn't sure on the exact model name
SsZERO
Genuine Member

Post by SsZERO »

Fanboy? Who would use such a queer and dorky word, especially when discussing automobiles. :D

Certain import makes have higher perceived quality than their domestic counterparts, however that whole "imports are reliable and high quality; domestics are crap" mentality is simply not true for the most part.

Cars are machines that wear over time and require maintenance to continue working properly. If you neglect maintaining your car because you think you don't have to, then of course it will give you problems. There are plenty of domestic "moneypits" driving around that work just fine...and there are plenty of people with "relibale" Acuras spending every other weekend in the shop.

There is no doubt that when it comes to performance, you get the most for your money by picking up something domestic with a V8...and that was the question posed in this thread.

Originally posted by b-man1
hahaha. nice domestic fanboy attitude. :rolleyes:

to each his own, man. i just bought my first import and will probably never look back at domestics because of build quality and reliability. i've owned ford, mercury, chrysler...and none can compare so far to the quality, etc of my acura.

of course, as i said, to each his own. people will trade longevity/reliability of a car to have more power from a domestic v8 or whatever...that's fine. that's why there are so many different cars out there--because there are enough people to buy all of them.

if you want a money-pit i would recommend an old '60 or '70 muscle car.
-= SsZERO =-