NYC robotic parking systems cost luxury residents $300,000 per space

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

NYC robotic parking systems cost luxury residents $300,000 per space

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

psypher
Golden Member

Re: NYC robotic parking systems cost luxury residents $300,000 per space

Post by psypher »

Did I just see a 30-40K jeep parked in a 300K parking spot?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I mean if you're stupid enough to actually drive a car in NYC, you don't want it to be a nice car. :)
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

then there a monthly maintenance fee of $150.00 per space . ya me first off never been to NY and second its not in my budget. how about a husband and wife both having spaces ? wonder if they give a discount ? or the up charges for electric cars and the platform design for your electric car charging port .there not all in the same location ?
what happens if you misplace the tag ?
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

For me the fact you are paying that much and you have to get out of your car to activate it? Really? Couldn't use Ipass style RFID so you can just pull in and wait? Also can't recall the car while taking the elevator ride down to shorten the wait time?
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Pugsley wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:45 am For me the fact you are paying that much and you have to get out of your car to activate it? Really? Couldn't use Ipass style RFID so you can just pull in and wait? Also can't recall the car while taking the elevator ride down to shorten the wait time?
Most likely so you're not transported down into the parking area, where you won't be able to get back out, I'm assuming. It's a safety feature, getting out of the car.
------------------------------------------

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Oh no i meant just to pull in... you get out and then press the button to send the car to the storage. That you get out for. But to pull in to an empty platform you should not have to get out.

... that reads bad. You pull up to the door and wait till it lets you in. the fact you have to get out to make that happen is what gets me, then park on the platform get out and go press button to send it underground. Then when your in the elevator you can call up the car so by the time you get there its ready to drive out.