Saw Dune last night. It was awesome.

Discussions about movies, the latest and greatest DVD's, Music & Anime
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Saw Dune last night. It was awesome.

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Wife and I saw it last night on my big HDTV. We loved it. Gorgeous movie, amazing cinematography.

They seem to have gotten the necessary backstory in there without the tedious exposition of the original movie.

That said, I'm wondering how someone who's never seen the other movie, or miniseries, or read the book would like it. I have the benefit of knowing the story well, so my perspective may be skewed.

Can't wait for part 2. They did end it at a logical point in the story, so it doesn't feel like a cliff hanger.

Sorry Frank Herbert, Ornithopters are STUPID. As an engineer, the idea of that many moving parts - especially in a desert environment - makes me cringe. I was kind of hoping they would make the wings energy based force fields or something. To give the director credit, though, he made them believable, and beautiful machines, and was faithful to the flavor of the book description, if not the letter of it.

If you have HBO Max I highly recommend it. Be aware if you have HBO in your cable TV package, you probably also have a free HBO Max account included. On Comcast it's an app on the X1 box.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Saw Dune last night. It was awesome.

Post by Executioner »

Thanks! I'll have to check it out. I do have HBO as part of my cable package.