Tickets on Sale for 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' Documentary 'What We Left Behind' May 13th one night only

Discussions about movies, the latest and greatest DVD's, Music & Anime
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Tickets on Sale for 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' Documentary 'What We Left Behind' May 13th one night only

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I may watch it at the theater - it's showing close by for me. I definitely want the video when it's available. I had a love-hate relationship with DS9 because it was such a dark & gritty departure from STNG, but I grew to love it. Well okay, I loved it except for the stupid finale.

https://www.space.com/star-trek-deep-sp ... ckets.html

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Tickets on Sale for 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' Documentary 'What We Left Behind' May 13th one night only

Post by Losbot »

Cool
normalicy

Re: Tickets on Sale for 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' Documentary 'What We Left Behind' May 13th one night only

Post by normalicy »

This is perfect timing because we are watching the series with my daughter currently.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I enjoyed it. I was impressed that they got enough funding via Indigogo to pay to have 20 minutes of the series digitally remastered so it would look good in the documentary.

Interesting tidbit: The series was filmed in 35mm in widescreen even though it aired in 4:3 aspect ratio in standard definition. That means if Paramount ever wanted to re-release a digitally mastered version, it could be in wide screen HD with no problem.

FYI: Nana Visitor is still F'ing hot!
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

BTW: Blu-ray & DVD come out Aug 6th.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

DVD & Blu-Ray are due to be released tomorrow in the US. Already been released in the UK. I found Blu-Ray rips in the usual places. Downloading one now because I can't wait, but I will order the Blu-Ray for my library to support the producers.

Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/What-We-Left-Beh ... B07RR73J7Y

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Finally got around to seeing this. It was really great timing because we just re-watched the series with my Daughter. She was thrilled (as was I). The HD experience made me sad that they haven't done it to the actual episodes.