Alita: Battle Angel (2019)

Discussions about movies, the latest and greatest DVD's, Music & Anime
Executioner
Life Member

Alita: Battle Angel (2019)

Post by Executioner »

Wife want to go see a flick, so as I was scanning for a movie, nothing caught my interest except for this one. Got really good reviews on IMDB. In fact, most reviewers suggesting seeing this movie instead of Captain Marvel. I'm already burned out on super hero movies. James Cameron was the writer. It's an Action, Adventure, Romance, and Sci-Fi Thriller. Has a great story and incredible graphics. It came out in February, so it may be leaving the theaters soon. Just the name of "James Cameron", I knew it would not be a crap movie. I guessed correctly. BTW, the trailers are not that great.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437086/?p ... =cht_bo_10
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Alita: Battle Angel (2019)

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah, it's on my list. Trailer looks interesting.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I enjoyed the movie. It was not Movie of The Year but it was entertaining to watch. Definitely left room for a sequel.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

I have been wanting to give this a watch. They really didn't need to go so overboard making here look like the anime. I just hope its not as messed up as Ghost in the Shell.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

I am a huge fan of the manga for this, so I am 50-50 if I wanna watch it. If they "happy'ied" the move up I will be disappointed since the original story is very dark/depressing