sometimes you cant win (wifes)

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

sometimes you cant win (wifes)

Post by reno »

was thinking of getting the wife a new computer to replace her old Dell optiplex 380. This machine still running windows 7 as it was not compatible to run windows 10 . dam things older then dirt now ! but she like HELL NO I DON"T WANT OR NEED A NEW COMPUTER. but we just had to clear off 40 plus GB of her Apple I phone Photos that are back ups off it to free up the HD . put them on one of my portable hard drives . one file of photos was like 22GB alone :smackme
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: sometimes you cant win (wifes)

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You should be able to to put Win10 on that machine.

Win11 will be a problem because of the hardware restrictions, but there are workarounds. I've installed Win11 on 11 year old PCs.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Re: sometimes you cant win (wifes)

Post by Executioner »

If it has windows 7, you will not be able to upgrade to 10; however, there is a workaround: https://massgrave.dev/index.html#Downlo ... _to_use_it

I've already had to use it twice on some win 7 laptops that were never upgraded to 10. Windows 10 has only another year before it goes away, so I don't understand why MS would kill the win7 update to 10.

Another option would be to wipe it and install Linux Mint.