extended warranty from the factory on major appliances

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

extended warranty from the factory on major appliances

Post by reno »

normally we wouldn't but after my last wash machine. at 15 month the computers fry. was told if it would of cost about the price to buy a new unit, luck whirlpool picked up the tab even do it was 3 month beyond the factory 1 year that is given on new machines. we figured at $100.00 for a extra 3 years to make it good for 4 years . read it last night still will be deductible free seem like a no brainer . this is a brand new machine we received on 4-25 -22 . my old unit we sold to a friend at a good deal. seeing we got both units for free to review in a special program im involved with , thought is it could end at any time so best for me to be safe . also never know what will be offer to be reviewed one month to the next.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: extended warranty from the factory on major appliances

Post by FlyingPenguin »

The machines we bought for the new house are Speed Queens. American made, and they have 5 year warranties. So far (going on year 4) they're holding up fine.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Pugsley

Re: extended warranty from the factory on major appliances

Post by Pugsley »

Speed Queen uses are sheet metal machinery to build parts of the machines. I have been to the plant they are expanding and do everything in house. By the looks of the operation they still use good engineering on things and don't cheap out.